cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim

ekkian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, i was planning on activating my sisters sim card for her, and i keep getting this, i bought our sim cards the same time and i got it walmart. any solutions? we checked if there was a phone number on there to see if it was already active, and it’s not, there’s no phone number or nothing. 

5 REPLIES 5

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ran into this problem when activating my sim as well, but I bought my sim through the mobile shop. After explaining my situation, the store allowed for an exchange.

Good luck. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ekkian you can also search the community forums for that error message to see how other users have resolved this error by clicking the link below...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/searchpage

Another option is to send a private message to the moderators. Click the envelope icon at the top right of your screen.  In the Send To field, start typing Moderator_Team.  Response time is between several hours up to 48 hours.  Good luck.

Pizzaeh

@ekkian wrote:

we just bought the sim card, so there’s no account associated with it

Yes, that's clear, but we need details to determine what the issue is.  Depending on where the error occurred, the account may have been activated, which is what we're trying to determine.  

You were attemtping to activate the SIM/account online, yes?

At what stage did you see the invalid sim message?

If you're getting the invalid SIM message when entering, verify that you're entering the SIM card # correctly.

During the activation process, did you go back to a previous page?

If so, the account may have been activated.  You will whether that's the case if you log into the online account assciated with the SIM  card and checking Account Status.f 

If the online account is not accessible, no account was created, close the browser, re-open it, clear the browser cache and try activating again.

ekkian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

we just bought the sim card, so there’s no account associated with it

Pizzaeh

@ekkian wrote:

Hi, i was planning on activating my sisters sim card for her, and i keep getting this, i bought our sim cards the same time and i got it walmart. any solutions? we checked if there was a phone number on there to see if it was already active, and it’s not, there’s no phone number or nothing. 

When you log into your sister's online account associated with the SIM card/account, what do you see for Account Status?

Need Help? Let's chat.