cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in middle of call, dropped call now says Unregistered sim

hed79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was in the middle of a call and then dropped call happened, then phone said 'no network available', then 'telus', then now 'unregistered sim'!
Wtf is going on?!
24 REPLIES 24

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28,

I'm not too sure of the relevance of your last message. You can also remove my name.

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would very much like to see my name be deleted from that post above.

@hed79, I would sincerely Pull the Handbrake now. As Inquisitor @chukdefateysaid, Lord @Griff, and Supreme Judge @makkahn28 have said, PM is NOT owned by another. It was Grown 110% in a Little City called Toronto, In a Province called ONT, in a Truck shaped Country called Canada.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hed79 wrote:

wow, a bit aggressive on your part eh?
So its ok for you to not read and make me repeat myself and then just cut and paste the same info lmao...but when i make a mistake (and i assure you there was something going on that the other carriers did not want pm to come to Canada) you chastise me, gtfr

Like I said before, stop with the crap. You have no idea what you are talking about. Once again Egyptian company complain was about wind Mobile and Publicmobile was one of the complaint. So once again PM was always allowed to operate here and the ownership was never an issue. 

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@hed79,

Honestly, I would not switch to another carrier because you are on a grandfathered plan on Telus network. You can also ask for a small compensation for the downtime.

You have to send an email to Public Mobile to have your problem fixed.

How to send an email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will try to answer you ASAP.

Welcome Home, Darth @David, U have done well. LOL

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hed79 wrote:

[...] other carriers did not want pm to come to Canada [...]

To be fair, PM actually did not have to "come" to Canada.  It was born here from the get go.

hed79

wow, a bit aggressive on your part eh?
So its ok for you to not read and make me repeat myself and then just cut and paste the same info lmao...but when i make a mistake (and i assure you there was something going on that the other carriers did not want pm to come to Canada) you chastise me, gtfr

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hed79 wrote:
When pm started a few years it took awhile to get off and other mobile carriers complained to crtc (and whomever else would listen) that this was not a canadian company but an egyptian one

I take no side of any cell phone company but please for heaven sake, don't say things that you have no idea as to what you are talking about.   

Egyptian company complain was wind Mobile and public mobile was one of the companies that had made the complaint.  So please don't say things that you have no idea about.

WHAT?!

hed79
When pm started a few years it took awhile to get off and other mobile carriers complained to crtc (and whomever else would listen) that this was not a canadian company but an egyptian one

hed79
Ah ok, my mistake..wow they actually really dont care about us customers to have us try to help each other! Lmao
Time to jump ship to anyone else

Scroll down to Contact Us, then look for Email Away, A Form shall pop up, fill-in the Application, with a description of your issues, then send to PM

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hed79 wrote:
4) I already mentioned that Ive been with pm since you began, so i am on a gf plan.

Since this company started there has been many many issues (crtc, legally, changing systems, sims, phones, csrs lying/unprofessional, dropped calls, ppl who cant call, ETC)...this is getting beyond rediculous!

@hed79 No-one here is a Public Mobile employee, their customers like yourself. I don't actually recall hearing any CRTC/Legal issues levied against Public Mobile. 

If you're on a grandfathered plan you can call *611 during business hours or 1-855-4PUBLIC. Or you can contact staff via email at the Contact Us page by clicking on the "Email Away" option.

hed79
How? Who? Please give me an e-mail, name, etc

hed79
4) I already mentioned that Ive been with pm since you began, so i am on a gf plan.

Since this company started there has been many many issues (crtc, legally, changing systems, sims, phones, csrs lying/unprofessional, dropped calls, ppl who cant call, ETC)...this is getting beyond rediculous!

I deeply Apologize. If U can, private message a PM Community Teamster Rep and They'll try to help U too. I agree, that shouldn't happen like that

hed79
You do realize that:
1) I stated i cannot call from my phone since it says unregistered sim....so obviously i am calling from another phone
2) You already gave me the SAME number
3) When i call the number the machine says to come HERE to get it Resolved
*SMH*

BTW, Is your Plan the old Prefixed plan? Or the New, Pick and Choose Plan(s)?

Hello. Yikes.

Try using another Phone, call 1-855-4Public, Follow the Instructions Carefully, and a PM Rep Shall get to U ASAP.

Also, Even if You are On GF Plan, Send out Email to Public Mobile, With all your Information, a Brief description of your issues, And within 24-48 HRS. A PM Rep shall respond. 

Hope your Service is resolved and you receive the utmost best of CS Care

hed79

I called that number and when i put in my number it says sorry cant find the account, goodbye and it hangs up on me!
I am a customers for Years, a *H-U-M-A-N* should pick up the phone as its your system's fault, not mine (duh)

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@hed79,

You can speak to a live representative ONLY if you're an older customers (before January 27, 2015).

I think this is your case. Contact Public Mobile by phone at 1-855-478-2542 or with your cell phone by calling *611

hed79

I tried reboot (i.e. shut off phone, pull out battery and sim, wait a few minutes, put them back in, restart phone).
I called your number and no answers the phone! and then i put in my cel number and it says there is no account ! lol

Every month for 2+ years you charge my credit card each month, and you send me a message saying thank you for payment...i receive no message nothing for the last 4 months from you guys

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@hed79,

Did you try to reboot your phone ?

Did you verified in your self serve account that your account is ACTIVE (paid) ?

Need Help? Let's chat.