cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Users Unlock your device before you port.

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a reminder for all potential customers coming here asking questions. Be sure to unlock your iPhone with your current provider before the port. They will not unlock it for you when you are no longer a customer and third party Unlocks can be more expensive.
*** There is a work around of getting a friend or family member who still is with the provider to do it for you. But you will have to hold their hand calling in or chatting and explaining why you are handing them $50 and all that jazz.

FYI you don't need to unlock Telus and Koodo iPhones, just everyone else.

Android unlocks are much cheaper on ebay. Find a "Top Rated Seller" and follow the instructions carefully. 

4 REPLIES 4

moonj

Yes, correct

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

There are sites out there that will unlock iphones, but do not trust that.

Iphones should be unlocked by your provider, I know the cost can be prohibitive, but not worth the headaches after.

moonj

For me I unlocked from Rogers 2 days ago, just did an online chat and saying I will be out of country for some days, and will charge me 50$. I can't find anywhere cheaper than 50$, too bad.

moonj

Also on IPHONE you need to change the apn settings, it didn't grab the settings automatically for me.

And I couldn't get any data first, I just followed this to change the settings and everything woks now.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610

Need Help? Let's chat.