cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8/ iPhone X

HLONDONH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Now that iPhone 8 and iPhone X have been revealed, I am wondering if it will be compatible in Public Mobile service. I haven't decided as to which phone I will go for, but is it simply to change the phone? Like just put the SIM card in a new phone and ready to use? 

Please advise and thank you so much!

12 REPLIES 12

PMZ

Thanks for the confirmation!

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes, its normal

MK78
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yougenius wrote:

I have an 8 Plus and everything seems to connect ok. I noticed that when making a phone call it switches to 3G, is that normal?

That is normal, because Public Mobile does not have VoLTE (Voice over LTE), so it switches to 3G to make the call.

yougenius

I have an 8 Plus and everything seems to connect ok. I noticed that when making a phone call it switches to 3G, is that normal?

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hope you will like your Iphone. Waiting for Next Gen Pixel Launch. 

🙂

MK78

I got my factory unlocked iPhone 8 today, and as predicted it has no issue on PM.

Jonavin

If you buy it directly from Apple without a service plan activation it will be unlocked. 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@HLONDONH

Just make sure it's an unlocked phone (locked to Telus/Koodo may still be ok, I'm not very familiar with iPhone's proprietary locking mechanism).

MK78

There won't be any issue, as the bands the iPhone 8/X have are still supported by all the major Canadian carriers.

They do also support Freedom's LTE Band 66.

I ordered an iPhone 8. I'll post a quick "yes it works" next Friday!

@HLONDONH wrote:

Oh perfect! Thank you so much @Wonder_why!! I really appreciate your fast response 🙂 All I have to do is to put my current SIM card in a new phone right?

Correct 🙂

But if the sim size is different: smaller then what your current phone uses, you can punch it out to get nano sim. If not, you can just buy new one online or at Walmart/wow mobile and change the sim number in your self-serve account.

HLONDONH

Oh perfect! Thank you so much @Wonder_why!! I really appreciate your fast response 🙂 All I have to do is to put my current SIM card in a new phone right?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HLONDONH Yup compatible to PM all IPhone 8, 8 Plus and X 

Need Help? Let's chat.