cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5S (Model A1533 CDMA)- which takes Nano Sim card.

Kaamraan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I have iphone 5S (Model A1533 CDMA) which takes Nano Sim Card but when I tried with public mobile

nano sim card it did not work. but it works on other networks like Bell and Rogers.

Does Public mobile have any plans to bring this phone series on their networks-- I am public mobile customer and like to stay with you.

Thanks

M Ali

5 REPLIES 5

the1nonly214
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just to point out, though Bell and Telus do share towers they are not the same network anymore. Bell Mobility, Solo and Virgin Mobile are all sister companies while Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile are sister companies. So just to point out if you bought a bell iPhone and was hoping for it to work on Public sadly it will need to be unlocked.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kaamraan wrote:

Hi 

I have iphone 5S (Model A1533 CDMA) which takes Nano Sim Card but when I tried with public mobile

nano sim card it did not work. but it works on other networks like Bell and Rogers.

Does Public mobile have any plans to bring this phone series on their networks-- I am public mobile customer and like to stay with you.

Thanks

M Ali

All iPhones 5 & up take a nano Sim cards. Also PublicMobile is no longer in the business of selling any hardware what so ever.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kaamraanif you have a minute and have a sim (carrier doesn't matter) go into settings/carrier and select auto off and let the phone do a search. If you are in a good area where you can pick up all 5 cell signals (big three plus Wind & Mobi) you will know that Telus is in the mix. If wind/mobi are not there it's no big deal just as long as you see the sim carrier you have inserted and then you will see EXT twice after that.

So for example if Bell sim you should see Bell , Bell EXT, Bell EXT.

Let us know how many show. Might take a few mins. So just be patient and don't let the screen turn off. Just tap it occasionally .

Here you can see my i5 and obviously I am on Robbers and can pickup Telus and Bell although they show up as Rogers Ext which is the extended coverage the big three agree to awhile back.

photo.PNG

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Kaamraan,

If your iPhone 5s is locked to a specific carrier, you will have to pay to have it unlocked before you can use it on Public Mobile (Telus network).

You can verify if locked or not by visiting : http://iphoneimei.info

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Kaamraan,

Where did you purchase your iPhone 5s ?

Public Mobile is owned by Telus and is using the same network.

Bell and Telus are sharing the same towers.

Your iPhone should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.