cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 - data and voice not working

Cangirl71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was able to successfully port my number over from Bell. I have updated the iOS and ran the unlockit link to update my APN settings.

I have an iPhone 5. Still no data or voice. 

The only spot I can update APN is under personal hotspot. I don't see all the other settings others have listed.

Help!

13 REPLIES 13

Cangirl71

All fixed up! Voice, data and texts are now rolling thru on my good old iPhone 5.

Thanks again all

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Hope your issues will get resolved. Soon

No problem
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Cangirl71

Moderators have responded and its on PM's end.  This has been sent to support to be resolved.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

O ok then i suggest follow @Nsk143 post more likely stuck on porting contact mod.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cangirl71 your porting has nothing to do with your carrier lock.  The phone is configured to ONLY work with a Bell SIM card.  They do this when you buy the phone from them as a way of preventing you from using it on other networks, such as Public Mobile.  You need to get the phone unlocked by Bell before you can use it here.  A factory reset will unfortunately not help.  Carrier locking and porting are two different things.

EDIT: based on your last reply I am probably wrong that the phone is locked.  It sounds like another issue.  My apologies.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cangirl71

No I did not

I have PM accross the top and received a text from PM saying your transfer request has been completed successfully

When you insert your pm sim did you get a msg for locked phone or invalid sim on top ?

Cangirl71

Bell just confirmed it was successfully ported out and account cancelled. So not locked to them.

I think the Factory reset is my next plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cangirl71 it sounds like your iPhone is still locked to Bell.  You're going to have to contact Bell and convince them to unlock it for you even though you're no longer an active customer. 

@Nsk143 those are good suggestions but for the fact her iPhone is still locked to Bell.  No amount of network resetting or APN configuration will help until the phone is carrier-unlocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nsk143
Also if you able to find a another phone try your sim on that also try your old carrier sim in iPhone 5 if its still working use it until its working.

Cangirl71

Thanks! I tried the network reset..nothing.

I sent a private message to the moderators 3 hrs ago...waiting.

If nothing else I'll do a factory reset later this evening.

Thanks

Nsk143
Try few things
First Go to setting general scroll down all the way reset and click on network reset only if that's doesn't help then try your sim in other phone if available to check if its service or hardware issue will resolve your issue if its service issue contact mod maybe porting still In process or stuck
Send a private message with your ph#, sim# and your email mod and they will get back to you when they can. 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And if its phone then do a full factory reset
Need Help? Let's chat.