cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i lost my sim 1 week ago now how can i order a new sim ?

Umair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can i get a new sim? i missed my phone now i want to order a new sim card

18 REPLIES 18

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Umair wrote:

I was woundering how much time will take to receive my sim? I ordered that on 9th September.

Depends on where you live, it takes from 3 - 7 business days. I live in the GTA, ordered mine on the 8th (and gotten shipping confirmation same day) and am still waiting. Heard some got it within 2 business days so I'm definitely not that lucky.

Umair

I was woundering how much time will take to receive my sim? I ordered that on 9th September.

You're welcome.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Umair

ok thanks 

No, PM does not sell phones but they have a supplier that will deliver phones configured for PM with a PM SIM ready for activation. Check here: Introducing Orchard, our trusted hardware provider

Umair

ok thanks sound good.

Are you selling phone as well or not?

Moto G works fine on PM; many users have it.

However, not every unlocked phone will work on PM. I have seen several people try to use an unlocked phone only to discover it did not support the PM frequencies (you can find the link for that in a previous post).

Umair

i brought moto g and someone on your customer care said any unlocked ohone will work on PM

thats why i brought that. 

The following is from a post under Phones and Hardware:

"Ensure the phone is unlocked, compatible with our Canada-wide 4G LTE network and IMEI is available for use before completing a purchase. Click here to check phone compatibility and find out the network frequency here."

The phone compatibility checker sometimes says a phone is OK when it isn't, and sometimes says "maybe" when it is in fact fine (that's what happens with my current phone).

Also the phone must able to operate on 3G or higher; if it is only a 2G phone it will not work even though it has the correct frequencies..

Tell us exactly the make and model you have. Someone may already be using it or can tell you accurately if it will work.

Umair

one more question was that any unlocked phone will work on PM network?

OK then the procedure you should follow is:

- order a new SIM card using an email address different from your account user name

- log into your self serve account and open the page Plans and Add-ons, then open the page Lost/Stolen Phone and click Suspend Service. This deactivates your old SIM and puts your account on hold. Log out when done.

- when the new SIM arrives,  og into your self serve account and open the page Plans and Add-ons, then open the page Change SIM Card, enter the new SIM card number and click submit. Lgg out when done.

- put the new SIM into your phone and reboot

If your account had not yet expired you should be back in operation. However, if you past your expiry date while waiting for the SIM card you will have to make a payment to get your account back into good standing.

Think that covers everything you need to do. Good luck.

Umair

I am alredy PM customer.

Umair

i don't need a phone.

@Umair wrote:

you are saying k do you want me to put some other email id?

No i brought a new phone last night.

@Luddite wrote:

Just go to the PM web site and click Get Started which opens to the page where you can order a SIM. Use an email address different from your PM account.

It would also be wise to deactivate your old SIM by logging into your self serve account and follow the prompts under Lost/Stolen Phone. That suspends your account, and then when the new SIM arrives reactivate your account with it.

Do you also need a phone?

Are you already a PM customer, or just about to join?

Umair

but how can i register that sim to my number?

Thanks for helping

Correct, use an email address different from your PM address to order the SIM card.

Umair

you are saying k do you want me to put some other email id?

No i brought a new phone last night.

@Luddite wrote:

Just go to the PM web site and click Get Started which opens to the page where you can order a SIM. Use an email address different from your PM account.

It would also be wise to deactivate your old SIM by logging into your self serve account and follow the prompts under Lost/Stolen Phone. That suspends your account, and then when the new SIM arrives reactivate your account with it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.