cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

howto use my plan with my tablet mobile cellular

Mike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 1gb plan and want to know if I can use it for my tablet.  I don't really want to use the data plan on my phone.  Is it some how i can get a different sim just for data only to use in ym tablet pc?

6 REPLIES 6

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I read it the first time.

"I have 1gb plan and want to know if I can use it for my tablet.  I don't really want to use the data plan on my phone"

I'm interepretting that as they dont want to use the mobile data on their cellphone as a device, which they would in a way be doing but only to use as a hotspot in order to use the internet on thier tablet as a seperate device.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^You need to read the OP again he doesn't want to do that.

Griff

Regardless it would be cheapest to hotspot, or take out the existing SIM card and put it into the 3G capable tablet, or buy another SIM card and switch the service between the devices depending on what they're doing at the time.

chukdefatey
^Actually there are even cheaper options then that for up to 5GB

Griff

@chukdefatey is right, TELUS's tablet plans
Up to 10MB - $5 a month
Up to 200MB - $15 a month
Up to 1GB - $25 a month
Up to 2GB - $35 a month
Up to 5GB - $45 a month
Over 5GB 5 cents a MB

Where Public the data only options would be 
1GB - $30 a month ($5 more)
4GB - $60 a month ($15 more than the 5GB of usage at TELUS)

Alternatively as you have 1GB that you're not using on your phone, you could use your phone as a mobile hotspot and share the data usage with your tablet

chukdefatey

Tablet plans are cheaper with Robellus, But if you want to stick to PM then start of with making a Beta request for a Sim card and when you get it sign up for the data only plan which will give you 4GB of Data for $60

Need Help? Let's chat.