cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extend your smartphone's battery life entries

MatthewL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Why has one of my videos been disqualified and my other has said pending for 2 days? What didn't you give a reason for not approving? Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16

orificeofthenin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's not a good sign. Hopefully entries will be approved by tomorrow.

Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair for 11 people to have such a high chance at three TVs.

Hanepoo
My entry has been pending for a LONG time as well. Not sure why this is. Should I really have to email them? It seems like they should have a contact just for the contest.

@orificeofthenin You're very welcome! Wish I could've helped more, but this is the best we can do here on this community forum, I'm afraid.

orificeofthenin

Oh, so the judges don't frequent the community forums either. That is unsettling.

I'll attempt to send in an e-mail in the meanwhile, and just wait and hope that my entry is successfully approved. Thank you for the assistance.

@orificeofthenin I don't know if anyone else in this community (mostly composed of PM customers like you and I) would be in a position to definitely answer these specific questions from you.

My best advice would be to contact PM support directly for these answers. You may reach them by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

orificeofthenin

I'd also like to know how long it takes for entries to be approved, since I submitted it relatively late and would hate for it to remain pending even after the contest is over.

I really hate to give out advice when I'm uncertain of the rules. I'm sure it's fine for you to use your best judgment about whether to keep the video public or make it unlisted.

You also have a valid point about signing the form. But I'm hoping PM will contact you electronically (by email/community message) before they send out something in the mail.

orificeofthenin

Do you suggest I change it to unlisted instead? I'm fairly sure that private would prevent it from being displayed.

There are quite a few things left undetailed in the rules, which I'm being extremely cautious about. Public Mobile should've reviewed the details before publishing them.

Another concern I have is the signing of forms as detailed in the rules. If we're only allowed two days to return it, what if Canada Post takes forever? Also, it'll be the weekend by the time the draw is completed.

I'd prefer not to be gated from a rightful win, in the case that I do win.

I'm willing to believe that Public Mobile did not want the rules to be taken into consideration too heavily (i.e. there's an acceptable margin of error), but there are many question marks to be raised in regards to the lack of specifics.

@orificeofthenin You're right - there's a discrepancy between the official rules and the submission form. To be safe, if I were you, I'd put my full name in the description field of the video when uploading it to Youtube.

It's also worth noting that a lot of the videos on the contest page (http://14days.publicmobile.ca/en-day5/) are public on Youtube. This violates the following clause in the contest rules, but these entries have nevertheless been approved and accepted:

You agree not to post your Entry or other media in connection with your Entry in or on any public forum (including but not limited to the Internet), or elsewhere or to show or otherwise distribute your Entry or other media in connection with your Entry to any audience or to any party other than Public Mobile for the purposes of this Contest.

orificeofthenin

I have a side question: The terms mentions that a name needs to be entered for the contest entry, but I only see three fields available: the video URL, video title, and e-mail.

I do not wish to submit an incorrect entry, so when will I know whether my entry has been accepted?

Also, how long does it take for a video to be approved?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I can assure you that neither 778 nor I meant any offence. In light of your having read the rules, that puts you into a distinct minority. I read a report, several years ago, that only 2% of online shoppers read the Terms of Service, comparable to contest rules, before making a purchase.

I hope that the matter is clarified to your satisfaction some time today.

Cheers.

MatthewL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
My video was within the rules but still says pending. I am not an idiot I can read.

It's rainy here - go figure! Smiley LOL

Here is the full text of the rules for said contest: http://14days.publicmobile.ca/en/day5/rules/

You will find no mention of the exact number of entries a user is allowed to send in. Except that it says the following:

In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.

Common sense in this case would imply that a user is free to submit as many entries as s/he chooses (subject to meeting all the other criteria), since the videos are all potential marketing material for PM. On the other hand, you never know, since it's not been specified explicitly...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

How's Raincouver?

If the other contests' rules are typical, it's one entry per contestant.

FYI.

Mayor / Maire

From the official contest rules, there's a number of reasons your video could have been disqualified:

(1) An entry that contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste will be considered void.
(2) Any Entry that infringes third party intellectual property rights (for example, music or picture copyright) or is otherwise unlawful will be excluded from the contest.
(3) You agree not to post your Entry or other media in connection with your Entry in or on any public forum (including but not limited to the Internet), or elsewhere or to show or otherwise distribute your Entry or other media in connection with your Entry to any audience or to any party other than Public Mobile for the purposes of this Contest.

And even though the official contest rules are vague on the topic, I'm unsure that you're allowed to submit multiple entries.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I've never uploaded to YouTube. As a result, the following question might be off-the-mark.

Would your question be more appropriate for Google/YouTube to answer? Also, did your videos comply with PM's and YouTube's requirements, especially non-violation of others' intellectual property and copyright?
Need Help? Let's chat.