cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does everyone feel about FIDO's new promotion?

jintianhuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FIDO's new offer of $40 4gb data plan is overwhelming. Although public mobile is offering the same thing, but I feel like fido has done a better job in marketing. Will this be a big impact on Public Mobile as it is taking away many potential customers? Anythoughts?

20 REPLIES 20

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker wrote:

No they don't, but they make you line up in person, or on hold on the phone (if you even get through), and then send you home when they decide for "safety" reasons to close early.

Really, their systems were over loaded in the 2 provinces they were offering the deal, and very few people got this.

I came from Fido and I can tell you Fido customer service wasn't bad.  I didn't normally call their CS but through live chat instead.  I can get a hold of a CS within minutes.  But the past week or 2, the line up or wait time was crazy I needed to confirm my final Fido billing amount with CS... took me 2 days to get a hold of somebody..  now looking back, it was due to that $40/4gb and I wasn't aware of that plan either due to the limited availability to the 2 provinces.

No they don't, but they make you line up in person, or on hold on the phone (if you even get through), and then send you home when they decide for "safety" reasons to close early.

Really, their systems were over loaded in the 2 provinces they were offering the deal, and very few people got this.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The Fido plan was is response to the PM plan. I thought it was good simply for better customer service. I personally don't like the Rogers network but Rogers network good if you spend all your time in metropolitan areas.

magical

does fido make you wait 12+ days for a unsuccessful port tho?

Yes good point!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  the plus for me is the data cutoff when its used up lol

@CaNuCk07  I agree but I think the data flexibility is a HUGE plus as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Its only available in BC and AB. And its $2 more. Plus, many are afraid that they will raise the price later on and many have experienced this without any notice. 

I got that right off of their poster on their site.  I took a screen shot but it is on my computer at home.  Oh wait that might have been from the Virgin Site  I will have to check when I am home

Autopay reward is clutch!

Zobuuu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure about fido but PM offers below perks:

- Autopay reward saves you $6/90day
- Refer a friend: per referal you save $3/90 days
- Loyalty program after 1 year you save $3/90 days

texwood

@jintianhuan wrote:

FIDO's new offer of $40 4gb data plan is overwhelming. Although public mobile is offering the same thing, but I feel like fido has done a better job in marketing. Will this be a big impact on Public Mobile as it is taking away many potential customers? Anythoughts?

If Fido have done a better job in marketing, then I must have missed something major as I have not seem any kinds of ads on this particular plan, on web or at their stores.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Too bad they can't because it's only for existing Fido customers as verified by people on redflagdeals. 

Edit.  Now I'm not so sure about this part. But people on RFD are usually on the ball with the info.

i dont feel good, considering its not offered in Ontario, where plans with 4gb are close to $75 with Fido. Glad i switched to PM

@hummuschips  it was actually listed for new activations only not current customer

jintianhuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am saying this because many of my friends did not belive in PM when I first told them, but many of them now are switching to FIDO...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

FIDO's deal was for AB and BC only I think or was that Virgin's version, and their plan is 4gb a month not 12 over 90 days if you go over 4 a month you are charged if you don't use it it is lost.  You lose all flexibility of your data management or flexibility

clintonkr

Where are you seeing that? I couldn't find it on their website.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Isn't theirs over as well?  First, it was only for current Fido subscribers, second it was only in two provinces and third it was only available for a few days since I believe they announced it late last week. Too little, too late.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@jintianhuan  Fido doesnt have this advertised very well at all, i dont see it on their site.  They advertise starting at $55.

Plus PM have many benefits like referral rewards and loyalty rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.