Did you mean: 

how do i get to use my phone in the New york

Lachman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can i use my phone when i travelled outside of canada

4 REPLIES 4

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
To add to what communitylou said as well if you use Roam there are free unlimited calling back to Canada.

I use Roam all the time and it works great around major cities in the US as it piggy backs off of The Mobile.

CommunityLou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lachman, I recommend the roammobility.com solution. 

I used it in Chicago last year and it worked well.  I had to buy a SIM card (in Canada) and then pay for the days that I want to use my phone in the US.  For five days I paid $3.00 per day, but if you spend longer periods of time in the US then the price per day goes down. (That was much better than the $30 for 100 minutes that I paid for US roaming with my previous cell phne service.)

With the roammobility.com SIM card you will get a US phone number and unlimited talk time.  You can also order data, at an extra fee, if you wish to.  I just swapped SIM cards as I crossed the border.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Lachman, Follow the advice of what @Griff said and to add once your device is unlocked you can look into roammobility.com

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Lachman

Public Mobile doesn't offer service outside of Canada.

If your phone isn't unlocked already  you could unlock it by following the instructions posted here, or by going through a third party.

Once the phone is unlocked you could find a compatible carrier stateside and purchase services with them under an american phone number for the duration of your trip.

Need Help? Let's chat.