cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

coolammar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, My number isn't being changed. I just came from Vancouver to St. Johns, Newfoundland. As such, I tried to change my number, to an old number. The number change was a success but then I couldn't receive calls or texts. I call the customer service and they recommend that I change my number again, but my number change kept on failing. I was wondering if someone could help me.

3 REPLIES 3

coolammar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Let's see, It's been a week since i changed my number. Originally i have public mobile since May, but i changed the number because i wanted to get a Newfoundland region Number. The number i switched from  was originally from Rogers cell phone, There is no error message, The data works fine and i can call and text everyone, I just can't recieve calls. This is the same public mobile account, again, just a different number. The service i called was Public Mobile, oh and it is a monthly plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc yeah I was wondering about the called for support as well.  ALSO:  if it was a number CHANGE and not a port, then they should NOT have recommended a second number change since you can only doe ONE per month.  If @coolammar did indeed speak to someone at PM, they were done a disservice for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@coolammar wrote:

Hi, My number isn't being changed. I just came from Vancouver to St. Johns, Newfoundland. As such, I tried to change my number, to an old number. The number change was a success but then I couldn't receive calls or texts. I call the customer service and they recommend that I change my number again, but my number change kept on failing. I was wondering if someone could help me.

You need to give us a lot more details. How long ago did you try switching the "old number"? Did you just open a public mobile account? Where did the old number come from??? Did you have a 2nd old account that expired you are trying to move your number over from? Are you trying to switch 1 public mobile account to a different public mobile phone number from an old account? What service do you have? what service did you move the number over from? Was it pre paid? Was it post paid? Was it in good standings? Was it land line? Was it voip? What error message did you get when it "failed"? What customer service did you call? For PM or your old provider?

If you "changed your number to an old number" that means you ported your number to public mobile? If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your port over and there can be weird

issues for a short period of time. But the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

There is no telephone support at Public mobile, unless you are a legacy customer (with a plan that is from before Jan. 25, 2015.  All support is done via this community. Are you a legacy customer? You can reach a community moderator here Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.