cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: freedom mobile has an Unlimited Talk & Text at just $99/year!

@zblackma wrote:

My daughter looked at the plan, its hard get a Freedom SIM. All of there booths are closed and there version of Simon that the are using to sell there SIM cards makes ours look like a genius. 

Well, when I last looked, they had 'em on Amazon, and on Ebay.....

That, and given some of their plans, I probably would have switched to them a while back, BUT a quick look at their coverage map, and all the talk of roaming, and the many mentions of lousy connections is pretty much a turn-off. If they ever get their doo-doo together, and can offer competitive coverage, they might see a mass influx of customers, but 'til then.....

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Freedom has some pretty good deals and in the right places, pretty decent coverage however I just switched from their $40 for 9GBs plan to Public's $40 for 5GBs today because the moment I entered my apartment building, coverage would totally vanish. I was missing almost all calls until I left the building which admittedly, under Covid conditions, I have not been doing a lot of. 

If you are thinking of switching to Freedom, make sure to ask local friends about the quality of coverage. Don't rely on the online coverage map as it indicates service availability, not service quality.  

Good luck! 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sahands, you get what you pay for is the old saying. If it sounds too good to be true, then you have to wonder out loud and say, 'hmmmm!'

I will be too afraid in areas when I truly need to make a call, and instead, I can't even call out. I have a few of my friends who have tried Wind/Freedom Mobile and left for greener or leaner pastures. But, to those who do leave, you can always come back to Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To be honest I have not had great service from PM in my 2 years with them. I'm in DT and my signal is not so great, more than once I've had missed calls without my phone ever ringing. I'm fully willing to take the freedom mobile risk if they were to offer a good data plan. I use data for anything but social media and streaming, so with email, weather, chats, maps, news etc. I use about 150MB/Month, so it makes no sense to pay $15/mo for 1.5GB at freedom!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sahands  out of curiosity ...you mentioned "dt" which I presume is downtown. I'm just curious what kind of phone do you have?  Many (not saying you) or on Public Mobile network. Could be any provider bell, Rogers,etc mention not so good service and sometimes it comes down to the hardware they're using and not the provider ....

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

no it's not my phone(s), I've used PM with a galaxy alpha, and currently with the A2 lite.