cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot my ID and password and want to change my sim number, can anyone please help me

jade02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

forgot my ID and password and want to change my sim number, can anyone please help me

19 REPLIES 19

@jade02 wrote:

Because I lost my phone so I needed to get a new one ... now I want my number from the one I lost on this new sim card

@jade02  To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

jade02

Because I lost my phone so I needed to get a new one ... now I want my number from the one I lost on this new sim card

@jade02 wrote:

I got SIM card at Walmart n I’m on the 40 dollar plan

@jade02  Why do you need a new sim? Is there an issue with your current SIM?

jade02

I got SIM card at Walmart n I’m on the 40 dollar plan

AsianStew8

OP - From reading the very limited information you have provided, I can only guess at what you're looking for.  There are a few scenarios this can play out, are you staying with PM or going to another carrier?  Which of the following is it, or is it something completely different?

1) It sounds like you're looking for a new SIM card, but wanting to keep your original number

2) You're looking at getting a new sim card and, keep original number, reset the password for your ID.

3) You're wanting to get a new sim, a new number, a new ID and password.

4) You're wanting to switch carriers and want a new sim and get a new number

5) You're wanting to switch carriers and want a new sim, but keep the number

In any of these cases, only the moderator can help you, we can only suggest possible options.  You may want to "type out your story" concise - short and sweet, a few sentences...

@jade02 wrote:

It’s still active n yea has plan on it I just want if switched over to new SIM card but dunno how.... don’t remember the user name n password

What plan are you on? Where did you activate your first SIM?

jade02

It’s still active n yea has plan on it I just want if switched over to new SIM card but dunno how.... don’t remember the user name n password

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Psygineer  Maybe it's best if you let the OP answer the question!

Ladies and gentlemen. Step right up and see...The Amazing Disappearing OP 🙂

@Psygineer  Maybe it's best if you let the OP answer the question!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@jade02 wrote:

@jade02  Do you have an account with PM? Looks like you just signed up here 8 minutes ago and you want to change your SIM already?

Not everyone makes their Community account the same time they make their billing account though. My parents for example have been on here almost a year and do not have a community account. If they did ever make one it would show whatever day they made it, rather than their actual length of time with PM.

@Psygineer I'm quite aware on how it works that is why my first question was if he had an account with PM. Did you read my post?

I did, you suggested they had just signed up to PM ("you just signed up here 8 minutes ago and you want to change your SIM already?"), I was just pointing out that maybe they only just signed up to the community and that they have had the service much longer. That's all. No need for hostility, I do appologize that I misunderstood what you wrote..

@Psygineer wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@jade02 wrote:

@jade02  Do you have an account with PM? Looks like you just signed up here 8 minutes ago and you want to change your SIM already?

Not everyone makes their Community account the same time they make their billing account though. My parents for example have been on here almost a year and do not have a community account. If they did ever make one it would show whatever day they made it, rather than their actual length of time with PM.

@Psygineer I'm quite aware on how it works that is why my first question was if he had an account with PM. Did you read my post?

Psygineer

@geopublic wrote:

@jade02 wrote:

BuzzedBear

Hi Jasvir, 

Their is a link at the sign in page under the form. "FORGOT PASSWORD"

It will take you to another page where you will need to enter the email address that you assigned to the account and follow the instructions they provide in the emails sent to you.

Hope this helps.

PS:  I am not a moderator... I just had to do this recently.  🙂

Jasvir

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jade02 wrote:

1.  Your PM self-serve account uses your email address to login.

If you forgot your password, try the "Forgot your password" link on the login page to reset your password.  You need the answer of your security question to reset password.  

2.  Send a private message to moderator to reset your password.  But the moderator wait is 2 - 3 days ATM. 

I sent a private message to moderator 2 days ago and I am still waiting.  Therefore, try the option 1 first.

TheGx

@Alex888 wrote:
@jade02You will need to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yep, happened to me too, and I messaged them to verfify my account first before they can help me - took a day or so for them reply, but they fixed everything after they replied and I did what they told me to.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@jade02 You will need to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jade02 wrote:

Is thi for an Active account or has it been suspended for awhile ?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jade02 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.