cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: family shocked to receive sex sollicitation email on Christmas Day

I used to get stuff like that all the time when I was with Bell Mobility.

Highlighted

I used to get stuff like that all the time when I was with Bell Mobility. They always said they were looking into it... never had any explanation as to how or why I was receiving them...  I would screenshot the message and delete the message thread. 

Highlighted

Thank you for posting here.I received the same message and am also concerned about it but didn't think to post. Thanks for taking the initiative so that the concern is voiced and comments are available.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I've been surprised at the response to this. It's not like an explicit photo blasts out at your delicate kids eyes. We've all seen these over our lifetimes. Look at it as a teachable moment. The likely age at which your kid gets the cellphone...they've probably seen images already.

If it's just you the adult then who cares. Oh well. Delete and move on.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lynsay wrote:

Thank you for posting here.I received the same message and am also concerned about it but didn't think to post. Thanks for taking the initiative so that the concern is voiced and comments are available.

@JThomasing @lynsay  There are 8 different threads in the discussions section chronicling the very first message recieved ( or noticed ) Re: Private messages....and the sudden proliferation the next day. If you are interested in how it came about, was handled by the community, brought tpublic mobiles attention and finally resolved. Please read those threads for more information.

Highlighted

Re: family shocked to receive **bleep** sollicitation email on Christmas Day

I just got one too this Friday January 3rd!

Mayor / Maire

Re: family shocked to receive **bleep** sollicitation email on Christmas Day

@s108060816  I suspect it is from the original spam problem. If the date in the private message is from Friday report it. Otherwise delete it the issue has been solved.