cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between "UL Talk Canada and US" and "XXmin US&Canada" Add On

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not sure if I have redundant elements in my plan.

I have a Plan feature "UL Talk Canada and US" and then for some reason I added the Add On "200 min US&Canada Long Distance" . (I was going to the US and wanted to be able to make phone calls in the US while in the US. But I might have confused the US LD Add on with the US Roaming Add on.

Is there a difference? Or do both do the same thing - allow me to call TO the US FROM Canada without surcharge or LD charges - , just for different durations (UL vs 200min)?

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@

@pjstock you could try asking the mods credit  the long distance add-on since you have USA calling g I. Your plan and say that you really wanted the USA roaming add-on. You may have success depending on how long ago it was purchased.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pjstock, you have it right that you need a roaming add-on if you intend to travel to the US.  The unlimited Canada/US talk you have in the plan covers usage while connected to the home network while in the US.  You do need an add-on th be able to make calls while in the US.  The add-on that you purchased is for long distance calls while in Canada and is redundant.  I suggest you contact the moderator team and explain the situation and see if they are willing to switch the add-on you purchased to the roaming add-on without having to pay twice.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please complete the account authentication for moderator support using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Have a nice trip.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @pjstock. It looks like what you have is redundant. If you have Unlimited Cda and US you don’t need the 200 US add-on. Both of these only work while in Canada.  

If you want your phone to work while in the US you need to purchase on of the 10 day US roaming add-ons. 

You could switch to a Cda wide only plan to save a few bucks then your 200 lone distance add-on will kick in if you call the US. 

Need Help? Let's chat.