cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card roaming charges

gm3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got charges in my credit card account because of PMs confusing roaming menu. Will I get refunded? I had 3 months automatic, it was 135 and now because of the US roaming it's only 115. Aside from that they charge me 141.75 (Oct) directly on credit card. Just paid 135 in Sept for my Sept to Nov.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:
Wow that's cool too know, thanks for sharing @srlawren 

So if somebody switches from one area to another wood the tax that's charged on the account change as well?

@totalUser yes.  taxes charged on any payments going forward would be for whatever province your area code belongs to.  HOWEVER, the caveat there is that if you purchase vouchers at a retail store, I'm 99% sure you're charged the tax rate for the province in which the store is located that you are standing in buying the voucher, regardless of your area code.  I'm not quite sure if that also applies to the...what are they called, Instant Vouchers?  The ones that are applied directly to your account rather than printing you a PIN code to redeem.  I have no idea which rule applies to those.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@88cranstonYou will need to pay tax on where you had put down as your account. eg if you registered in Ontario but kept the account the same but is located in BC, then you will be paying Ontario tax.

@GinYVR tax rate is determined by your area code, not your address, FYI.  In your hypothetical example, if you kept your Ontario-based phone number after moving to BC, regardless of what address shows up on your payment info, you would be paying the applicable taxes for the province of Ontario.

@88cranston a few US exchanges are excluded because they cost an arm and a leg for Public Mobile to connect to.  More here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-...

Wow that's cool too know, thanks for sharing @srlawren 

So if somebody switches from one area to another wood the tax that's charged on the account change as well?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@88cranstonYou will need to pay tax on where you had put down as your account. eg if you registered in Ontario but kept the account the same but is located in BC, then you will be paying Ontario tax.

@GinYVR tax rate is determined by your area code, not your address, FYI.  In your hypothetical example, if you kept your Ontario-based phone number after moving to BC, regardless of what address shows up on your payment info, you would be paying the applicable taxes for the province of Ontario.

@88cranston a few US exchanges are excluded because they cost an arm and a leg for Public Mobile to connect to.  More here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The option to purchase another Unlimited talk will appear AFTER your first one had expired.

You will have to turn on Roaming. (either AT&T or TMobile depending on where you are going).

You can not call those number listed as their were used as nodes for long distance callings and they were banned by Telus due to excessive costs to Telus.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So if I bought. 

U.S. Talk Only Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days. $8

I would pay $8 CDN plus taxes for BC?

If I needed more days, I would have to buy another 10 days worth on day 10 of first purchase?

I would have to turn on Roaming while in USA ?

I may have to select a different carrier if the one I was on has no reception?

......is that easy and obvious on an iPhone?

There would be no roaming  charge or any other charges?

For the Talk Only I don’t need to buy any other USA add ons to make it work?

Some numbers I cannot dial as listed?

........why is that?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gm3 

Could you please login and take screenshot of your payment history (make it longer than 30 days and blackout any personal info) so that we can understand the charges.

Thank you

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Please reconfirm your info...there are no recurring roaming charges at PM. If you have the 10 day US Roaming add-on...it expires after 10 days and you have to re-select it and buy it again if you want it. It won't restart automatically.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@gm3 wrote:

I got charges in my credit card account because of PMs confusing roaming menu. Will I get refunded? I had 3 months automatic, it was 135 and now because of the US roaming it's only 115. Aside from that they charge me 141.75 (Oct) directly on credit card. Just paid 135 in Sept for my Sept to Nov.

Public Mobile is prepaid service, so there shouldn't be any surprise bills.

Can you elaborate? Perhaps check your payment history on Self-serve and compare it against your credit card. If you have specifc questions, you can post them here, maybe include screenshots but without posting your personal info (as this is a community forum).

@gm3 wrote:

Which roaming menu are you speaking of? There is no discount for roaming. U.S. roaming costs extra.

Need Help? Let's chat.