cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing SIM card

yvinogradov
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am a new PM user. I messed up my brand new PM SIM card - cut it out too small, managed to put it into the slot by using the remaning frame of the next size up and made it work, but would rather get a new SIM card. Would I be able to keep the same number if I just get a new PM SIM card or there could be issues? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

yvinogradov

Thank you all! My issue is that when I go overseas (or even to the US) I'll have to use a local SIM card (and remove my current one - which is now in two separate pieces). I'll keep it as it is for now and may just get a new PM SIM card for $10 before the trip.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yvinogradov wrote:

I am a new PM user. I messed up my brand new PM SIM card - cut it out too small, managed to put it into the slot by using the remaning frame of the next size up and made it work, but would rather get a new SIM card. Would I be able to keep the same number if I just get a new PM SIM card or there could be issues? Thank you!

I agree with everyone, to leave it as is... especially with all of the account issues lately, you would be playing with fire.

One thing of note, depending on the device you own, removing the SIM with the extra piece around it to make it fit can be a challenge. Some devices have pins that rest up against the SIM card and can get caught on the "adapter" (extra piece of plastic to make it fit). If you need to remove the SIM for some reason, be very careful. If you feel any resistance at all, stop removing it and contact a phone repair shop in your area for help/advise. I only say this because I have ruined an expensive phone in the past doing the same thing.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yvinogradov wrote:

intimate-things-how-wearables-are-changing-the-internet-of-things-10-638

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yvinogradov  - There is no need to replace the SIM card.  They are meant to snap out and back in.  If you were able to get the next size 'ring' back around the smaller center piece, and insert that into the phone, I wouldn't worry about it.  It is unlikely that you will be removing the SIM from the phone very often, if ever.

emad

If it’s working just leave the Sim into its slot. When it stops working, then you can buy a new SIM card and update you account with the new SIM number through self service 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yvinogradov wrote:

Yes, you can keep the same phone number.  When you have a replacement SIM card, you can change the SIM card number attached to your number. This is done in self-serve.  Once you're in your self-serve account, click Plans and Add-Ons tab, then click Change SIM card tab. 

Need Help? Let's chat.