cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant make calls or use data

tlc902
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I topped up for the $40 plan on wed and still cant make any calls or send texts. Data wont work either. 

21 REPLIES 21

tlc902

I did try but leave it lost/stolen for a few minutes before restarting phone. So trying that now. 

@tlc902 wrote:

tried and then restarted phone. still not working. when i go to even call my email it says "that I don't have a long distance plan". so confused. 

@tlc902  Your best option at this point is to notify PM. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@Mglazier wrote:

I cannot call in, out, text or anything really... i can text while on wifi with imessage...

i have an iphone 7

@Mglazier  Try resetting the network on your iPhone. Please note that you will have to renter you WiFi password again after the reset.

Touch Settings.
Scroll to and touch General.
Scroll to and touch Reset.
Touch Reset Network Settings.

The iPhone will reboot. Once it turns on, the default network settings will be restored.

tlc902

tried and then restarted phone. still not working. when i go to even call my email it says "that I don't have a long distance plan". so confused. 

Mglazier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, very new to this type of "help"... ill start a new thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tlc902 wrote:

Yes showing active and that the payment was received on the 15th. have turned off and restarted my phone 5 times in hope that would work 

As often happens, someone else horned in on your thread 🙂

So did you try the lost/stolen feature mentioned earlier?

ninja'd again 🙂

@tlc902 wrote:

Yes showing active and that the payment was received on the 15th. have turned off and restarted my phone 5 times in hope that would work 

@tlc902  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to see if it resets your account.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

tlc902

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mglazier wrote:

I cannot call in, out, text or anything really... i can text while on wifi with imessage...

i have an iphone 7

Maybe try to reset your Network settings on your iPhone.

**Note** you will have to redo your wifi and bluetooth connections afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mglazier wrote:

i have an iphone 7

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

geopublic wondered if you were seeing Public Mobile somewhere on the top bar. Maybe you're on do not disturb or something.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Mglazier

i have an iphone 7

Mglazier

Account status: Active

phone number correct on "my plan and add ons TAB"

i set up autopay, but when logged in this morning it says i owed $30, i paid right away, now its saying "Avalable Funds $40.00"...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mglazier wrote:

yes, after a day of not being able to use the SIM we ordered online, even after activating it and porting number, setting up auto pay... and still the phone wouldnt work... we called telus to ensure phone was unlocked, they say everything is good on their end and that its Public's Fault... so I went to the PM Kiosk here in town (Walmart) and they cant figure it out either... I purchased another SIM card there to try and see if that worked... went to "Change my SIM" and got a msg stating "SIM was changed sucessfully"... still no service.

Is your service saying Active? Are the phone numbers shown on the self-serve correct to what you believe? (straw 🙂 )

Can you do anything? Call in/out, text in/out, internet?

@Mglazier wrote:

yes, after a day of not being able to use the SIM we ordered online, even after activating it and porting number, setting up auto pay... and still the phone wouldnt work... we called telus to ensure phone was unlocked, they say everything is good on their end and that its Public's Fault... so I went to the PM Kiosk here in town (Walmart) and they cant figure it out either... I purchased another SIM card there to try and see if that worked... went to "Change my SIM" and got a msg stating "SIM was changed sucessfully"... still no service.

@Mglazier  What type of phone is it? Telus and PM use the same network so the phone being locked should not be an issue but you never know. On the notification bar does it show that you are connected to the Public Mobile network?

Mglazier

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tlc902 wrote:

I topped up for the $40 plan on wed and still cant make any calls or send texts. Data wont work either. 

Try the Reactivate button up top if you're in suspended status.

@Mglazier wrote:

Same here! on hubby's phone... ported number from Telus, purchased two SIM's thinking it was the SIM... but nothing. no data no service.

@Mglazier  When you say purchased two SIM cards to you mean that you used the change SIM card option?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mglazier wrote:

Same here! on hubby's phone... ported number from Telus, purchased two SIM's thinking it was the SIM... but nothing. no data no service.

Did you get any confirmation that is was completed successfully?

Are you able to test the SIM in another device?

Does the Old Telus SIM still work?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tlc902 Looks like your renewal didn't go through properly. Login to your account and double check the status of your account/plan. Try enabling/disabling the lost/stolen features. It might trigger the renewal.

Mglazier

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tlc902 wrote:

@tlc902  If you call *611 or login into your account is your plan active?

Need Help? Let's chat.