cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't received text messages

Sirius
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my son who is also with public mo. sent me a text message , he showed me a screenshot of it ...but the message never arrived to my samsung A8 2018   Smiley Frustrated no wonder why i never received a text message from public mo ticket support.

29 REPLIES 29

BilltyLam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you cannot receive the message, one of the reason is the number from Public mobile holding from other people, you need to call Public mobile to provide a new number.

@flager wrote:

Hi, 

Just wondering if your APN info is set correctly as this can cause you to have issues like not being able to send/receive text or picture message (mms). As I had an issue  similar to what you describe here. I was sent out 2 separate messages from the Moderator_team had to upload them to my phone and my issue (I could not send mms) was resolved. 

flager

Yes, APN settings need to be set corrrectly for MMS. 

However, text messaging issues cannot be solved by doing anything with APN settings. APN settings are not needed nor used for text messaging.

Sirius

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sirius wrote:

full reset fixed it  Smiley Very Happy   

Glad you got things fixed. I see you've assigned the "Solution" to yourself. You should reconsider and assign Solution to whomever first suggested a reset. Click the 3 dots on right upper side of that dialogue box and you can edit your message and reassign the Solution. The person who provided the suggestion would probably be grateful and glad you got the phone working/.

sure did a while back,  thanks guys

Sirius

@geopublic wrote:

@Sirius wrote:

@Sirius  Glad to hear you got it working. If factory reset fixed it it means that your phone's settings were not configured correctly.

after trying a few phone apps it might of gotten messed up

@Sirius wrote:

Glad you got things fixed. I see you've assigned the "Solution" to yourself. You should reconsider and assign Solution to whomever first suggested a reset. Click the 3 dots on right upper side of that dialogue box and you can edit your message and reassign the Solution. The person who provided the suggestion would probably be grateful and glad you got the phone working/.

flager

That's great! Glad your issue is resolved. I know at first as a new customer with PM, I was a bit frustrated using the community, but once you know your way around in here it's all good. 

@Sirius wrote:

@Sirius  Glad to hear you got it working. If factory reset fixed it it means that your phone's settings were not configured correctly.

Sirius

flager

Hi, 

Just wondering if your APN info is set correctly as this can cause you to have issues like not being able to send/receive text or picture message (mms). As I had an issue  similar to what you describe here. I was sent out 2 separate messages from the Moderator_team had to upload them to my phone and my issue (I could not send mms) was resolved. 

flager

Sirius

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Trying the sim card in another phone would tell you if there's an issue with your phone. Check to see that your phone isn't blocking certain texts.

already done as stated before , doing full reset right now.  system apps permissions were revised to no avail. all apps permissions were revised ..keep you posted after reset and fresh install

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Trying the sim card in another phone would tell you if there's an issue with your phone. Check to see that your phone isn't blocking certain texts.

@Sirius wrote:

not the real phone app , will fix this

Yes best is to use native one

Also I suggested Google one for testing too, seems to do well on most Androids (for obvious reasons)

Sirius

not the real phone app , will fix this

Sirius

by the way...sms permsision was ok for app, will now verify if it's the real samsung phone  app, i only have an app version but i'll get the real one again and re-install 

Sirius

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sirius 

I would try network reset first.  

If you do factory reset, everything in phone will be erased.  Might want to back up important information if you go that route.  

i've installed many custom ROMS on my samsung S2 when i wasn't disabled, so i should be able to do that  Smiley Happy  i found the network reset as you were answering  . thanks my friend Smiley Wink

Sirius

thanks i'll do a full reset later, network reset didn't work

@Sirius  Use the native text app on your device.Go into settings Apps, select the text app and clear data and cache and then choose force stop. Restart your phone and see if you can receive a text.

@Sirius 

I would try network reset first.  

If you do factory reset, everything in phone will be erased.  Might want to back up important information if you go that route.  

@Sirius wrote:

network reset ? can't find how to. samsung a8 2018

it can receive sms from textnow though

https://support.bell.ca/mobility/smartphones_and_mobile_internet/samsung-galaxy-a8.how_to_reset_the_...

Sirius

preparing network reset or full reset

it can receive sms from textnow though

@Sirius 

Don't give up on your phone.  It might be a hardware setup issue.  Maybe try network reset or even a factory reset of the phone.  

Sirius

25$ plan,  other phone work fine Smiley Sad no wonder  why the samsung A8 2018 was sold to me for a good price  **bleep** Smiley Mad 

@Sirius hi if you are on the 10 dollar plan it looks like you are out of your 50 texts 

@Sirius 

Agree testing your SIM card in another phone will help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service problem.  Let us know what happens when you try in another phone.  

Other things to try: (which you may have tried already)

1. Reboot phone

2. Toggle airplane mode on, wati a few minutes and then off.

Sirius

my son also have a new samsung android A50

can not send sms to textnow but my son was able te receive my sms but reply did not received to my phone, selfserve is useless.

preparing to test with other phone

Sirius

data plan is plenty, phone work for normal call.  tested with my textnow on pc=nothing, 

native caller. no blocking, redone apn, phone call still work.  only thing left is testing with other phone

pm.JPG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sirius  Does your son have an iPhone? Can you send a text out? As for the ticket verification you can use the selfserve signin option the text option is hit and miss.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you using the native messenger?

Can you test it in another phone?

Can you test with Google messages?

Did you block some people?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sirius 

More details may be helpful.

Does talk and data work?  What about texts from other numbers?  Can you send texts out?  In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  

Need Help? Let's chat.