cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't do international message

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

anybody try to send anny international message. i have 120/90day plan i could not send out international text anyone have any idea?

11 REPLIES 11

@sheytoon wrote:

@computergeek541

When sending texts from within Canada to another Canadian phone number, there is an independent organzation that handles the delivery of such messages.  There is also likely a company that handles the go-between for international messages as well.   

Really?? Do you have any more info about this?

When a text message goes from one carrier to another, there's a middle-man involved.  Carriers are going to be using a company such as this:  https://www.tnsi.com/products-services/telecom/hubbing/inter-carrier-sms-mms/

Here's some information about how things in the U.S. are handled:  http://files.ctia.org/pdf/Inter-Carrier_SMS_Guidelines_v3-as_adopted10-11-11.pdf

That above PDF for American carriers is too long and too technical for me to understsand but it does talk about something relating to carriers choosing an ICV to act as a message transfer point and "a single ICV or industry association to provide interperability".

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nathen or, does the person in China use another IM service?  I thnk WeChat is popular in China, for example.  Maybe you could connect with the person on something more reliable than SMS.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Nathen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! Will do!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nathen wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It seems that texting is working well specially for international texting.

@Nathen if your party could not received text from International, contact MOD, there will help you

@computergeek541

When sending texts from within Canada to another Canadian phone number, there is an independent organzation that handles the delivery of such messages.  There is also likely a company that handles the go-between for international messages as well.   

Really?? Do you have any more info about this?

Nathen

Thanks for your reply. It seems that texting is working well specially for international texting.

@Nathen wrote:

I tried to send messages to China, they did not get it. 

In my opinion, international texting has never been reliable.  Some would argue that even domestic text messaging isn't reliable enough, but with international, I would easily expect things to be far worse.

For the text message to get delivered, the co-operation of the two carriers involved is needed.  When sending texts from within Canada to another Canadian phone number, there is an independent organzation that handles the delivery of such messages.  There is also likely a company that handles the go-between for international messages as well.   

Where there are issues such as your messages not being delivered to the number in China, the problem often lies with delivery to a specific carrier.  Unfortunatley, in these types of situations, both carriers involved will often point the finger at each other.  All you can really do is contact Public Mobile and ask your friend or family member in China to contact the carrier in China about this.  Sadly, my experiences are that with internernational text messaging, these problems sometimes never get fixed.

Nathen

I tried to send messages to China, they did not get it. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

There was a user recently that could not send international texts to someone in France. It turned out for person in France, that their carrier was the issue. Are you having issues sending texts to just one person, or to all international numbers?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Do you know what carrier and country you were sending the sms to?  That info would be needed to help troubleshoot. I remember being on Bell and unable to text people who were on 2 of the 3 Italian carriers.

Many people currently use online messaging apps like whatsupm vibre and facebook messenger,  That could help in the meantime till your texting issue is resolved.

Do you get some type of error message or are you saying that the receiving person never receives your messages?

From my experience, international text messaging has always been a crapshoot.  Sometimes, they get delivered and sometimes, they don't.  Delivery issues I've found in the past are sometimes specific to customers on specific carriers at the other end.

Need Help? Let's chat.