cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't activate SIM card

roniebanerjee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same problem as this:

There is currently a bug related to new activation of SIM card on your website that prevent any new customer to register.

The problem was raised by many people in the community since last fall.

The issue is at the step 2: Phone number.

The drop-down menu is empty (no choice available) and as it is a required field, it is not possible to go on from there.

The issue was present for me in French and English on the following browsers:

- Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116

- Chrome mobile version on android

- Microsoft Edge

- Internet Explorer 11

13 REPLIES 13

Chris

i bought a sim card from you guys because i had to now it is asking for a unlock # is this normal i was told this would work with this phone 

chris

roniebanerjee

yeah, hoping that it gets sorted out fast. i wanted to get the promo offer, hence the rush. if it doesn't work out, i'll just throw away the sim card and try to negotiate a better deal with my existing provider.

@roniebanerjee Well then you've done all you can do. Afraid the moderators have left for the evening. Good luck with it tomorrow. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

roniebanerjee

yes, i mailed the moderator community using the little "envelope" icon.

roniebanerjee

1. i have a cookie killer installed; so no cookie cleaning rqd.

2. that didn't help.

3. neither did that, assuming an android tablet is acceptable alternative to ipad

Sorry for the confusion. I meant did you use the facility described here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating....

It's preferred to the contact method found here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

roniebanerjee

i am not sure what the difference is. an email is usually a private message. if you mean an open comment, then no, i didn't post my data on the open forum.

I trust you meant a private message NOT an email to the moderators?

It's a little extreme hoping this bug will be sorted shortly; better to hope your account gets created in short order. Robot LOL

My view on managing activation/porting: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014

roniebanerjee

hi

i just mailed a mod; hope this gets sorted out. for someone who's debating whether or not to change his primary account to PM, this doesn't generate a lot of confidence. i was prepared to face some delay over porting numbers, but to have to ask for help in order to CREATE an account is somewhat unusual in a telecom company website.

roniebanerjee

will all due respect:

a. that is piss-poor website design, and i speak as a pro;

and

b. no, that did not help.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @roniebanerjee

This isn't an issue, it's normal and expected! This particular situation happens when every field's character limit isn't being respected! The character limit is written in red above each field. 

Please make sure to not exceed 11 characters for the first name, not more than 18 characters for the last name and not more than 21 characters for the city 🙂

Let us know how that goes 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you are just reporting the issue; thanks. 👍👍

If you are trying to activate a SIM be sure to turn off any popup/ad blocker.

Still fails, you will need moderator assistance. Send  a private message to the moderator team with:

• PM account email address
  • PM SIM card number
  • description of the plan you wish

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried:
-clearing the browser cookies/cache
-using incognito/private browsing mode

-using a different device such as ipad

If that doesn't help, you should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include your phone number, PM SIM card number and e-mail address
and if porting, the phone number you want to port, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.