cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I send email to sms public mobile user like Roger, Bell, Telus and many more?

lettrimage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

E-mail to text

There are some e-mail to text services, but the recipient usually has to have signed up and paid for this service, unlike the web forms above that are free:

[10digitnumber]@txt.bell.ca (Bell and Solo)
[10digitnumber]@pcs.rogers.com
[10digitnumber]@sms.fido.ca
[10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com
[10digitnumber]@vmobile.ca (Virgin Mobile)
[10digitnumber]@mobiletxt.ca (PC Mobile)
[10digitnumber]@msg.koodomobile.com
[10digitnumber]@sms.sasktel.com and [10digitnumber]@pcs.sasktelmobility.com
[10digitnumber]@text.mts.net (MTS Allstream Inc./ Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.)
[10digitnumber]@txt.windmobile.ca

Is there something like that here at Public Mobile?

15 REPLIES 15

bossbruin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

this method is working for me

10-digit-number>@msg.telus.com

samiam123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That second email domain works better for the reasons mentioned.

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cyber @lettrimage the best think is to sent to l to phone number @mms.mb.telus.com or phone number@msg.koodomobile.com its will show the senders email address to reply not 999-999-9999

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zoomzoom87 you can still receive text messages this way.  If someone emails yourphonenumber@msg.telus.com, it will be delivered to you via text message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i used to use this all the time to text an old girlfriend on her "dumb" phone. She was able to send a message to me from her dumb phone to my email. This was over 10 years ago. Is it possible to still do this?

PriMo

Old subject but just tested and yes I am getting my emails by sms with a forward  ! Yay!

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren upon further testing I see from the browser I do get the subject, but sent from my phone I do not. Good to know. thanks.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@IWIK wrote:

It would appear that the subject is the message and message body is not relayed. FYI.

@IWIK I just saw this thread and sent myself a test message and it sent both the subject and the body, with the body being one line below the subject.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It would appear that the subject is the message and message body is not relayed. FYI.

@possiblepmuser,

Do not put < > in the email address.

5140001234@msg.telus.com

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Yep works for me & had always worked on my numerous lines

asharp

I just tried using the method you posted (<10-digit-number>@msg.telus.com) and it worked fine. Maybe try a different email? Both Gmail and iCloud work for me.

possiblepmuser

Is there an email-to-sms gateway? Tried, but failed with <10-digit-number>@msg.telus.com as suggested by Cyber in March 2015.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@lettrimage, From the list you put out the Rogers and Fido ones don't work they way they suppose to. You have to sign up for there service in order for it to work.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@lettrimage,

This one is working on Public Mobile network :

[10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com

The recipient must have TEXT plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.