cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling 1800 numbers, do I get charged outside my plan?

mikhailm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have province wide calling on my plan. Is there any series of 1800 numbers that I will be charged on?

ie, 1866. 1855 etc...? 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathiehopechase wrote:

The 800 number I am calling is in Canada.

I am getting a message from Public Mobile saying I do not have a talk plan and that is why I can't call the number.  I am not sure what I am supposed to do to be able to make the call?

If it's just some generic business that anybody might use and not a specific business that would give some indication of your private interests...would you be willing to post the number so that we can try it and see what we get.

@kathiehopechase wrote:

I am getting a message from Public Mobile saying I do not have a talk plan and that is why I can't call the number.  I am not sure what I am supposed to do to be able to make the call?

@kathiehopechase Double check the number. That message usually gets triggered when the number is incorrect on an unlimited calling plan.

kathiehopechase

@kathiehopechaseIt depends who owns the 1 844 if it belongs to a company that is located in the US, the company can elect to only accept US number who are calling toll free. In that case you will have to call long distance.

kathiehopechase

I tried calling a 1-844 number (toll free in canada) and I got a message from public mobile saying talk is not included with my plan.  My plan is the $40 plan with unlimited calls within Canada.  What do I need to do to make calls please?

Toll free numbers get charged regular airtime minutes, but since Pulibc's talk plans are unlimited, that isn't a factor.  With toll free phone numbers, there are no long distance charges.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

1-800 are free calls

Need Help? Let's chat.