cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought a new SIM but SIM card/number not in service

pradstoronto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I bought a sim card on 25$ plan yesterday. tried isnerting sim in two different unlocked and compatible phones. But it says no service.

on calling the number I bought it says number not in service.

What could be the problem.

tried activating the sim but it says invalid SIM.

regards,

PS

7 REPLIES 7

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pradstoronto wrote:

can't loginto self serve as while signing up they send me a code which I don't receive.

Were you trying to sign up on PM self serve page? Or did this happen at the store? If at store, I'd go back there and ask them what happened?

teazle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you bought the SIM from a bricks and mortar seller, try asking their on-site technicians.  If you bought it at a London Drugs store you may be in luck, as their service people have been well trained in installing and activating PM SIM cards.

pradstoronto

Thanks, I have contacted Mods, waiting for them to reply.
Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

@pradstoronto If your credit card has been charged, I think it best to click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Sometimes they answer within in 24 hours, but usually take several days.

Meanwhile, if you need, but are unable, to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

If you were porting a number, try your old SIM. It may still be working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pradstoronto

can't loginto self serve as while signing up they send me a code which I don't receive.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What is your account status when you log in to your self-serve

brady2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you might not have service in your area try going in a derffet area in your town 

Need Help? Let's chat.