cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth in car

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just wondered if anyone has this problem.  I just got a newer vechile that is bluetooth, my phone is connected to it but when I turn off the engine and open the door my phone starts ringing but there is no one there.  

20 REPLIES 20

alts63
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for letting me know.  Still getting the hang of the forum.  Cars and phones outstrip my ability to comprehend all the features.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alts63 : Great of you to jump in and be participating. This is a 2 year old thread. And the green check mark means it's been solved. For the most part that's it for the thread other than other newbs adding their own question. But there's no need to continue helping when the question has been solved.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

alts63

Kia user  Android and iPhone.  If I  leave my keys in the car, my Kia honks at me.  Unfortunately the car doesn't do this for the paired phone.  When I open the door the pairing drops and my phone takes over.  If you might have a phone feature that suspends use when driving (apple does this automatically unless you alter the default settings) and you are getting notification sounds (?)

sahrenity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for this information! Pairing a phone in a rental car is quite a challenge. The challenge dials up when you’re trying to pair a phone to a car you’ve just rented. https://iversta.com   - more about Rental Car BlueTooth. 

sue-s

Well I have no explaination but my phone is not doing it anymore.  So I guess it's fixed itself..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sue-s wrote:

I'm not sure, it could just be that, the car letting me know I have my phone.

@sue-s seems a very odd feature.  I've never heard of this one before.  Maybe try an online Nissan community to see if other Rogue owners are experiencing this?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sue-s

I'm not sure, it could just be that, the car letting me know I have my phone.

You should not need to turn off any of the forwarding items.

Your issue sounds like either a handset setting or an issue with the dashboard setup of the bluetooth.

Could it simply be a ring to let you know you're taking the phone out of the car?

Do you use any software apps such as IFTTT?  This app allows making your phone (or another device) do things when you do other things with your phone.  For example, when I get home, my phone turns on WiFi automatically, and my living room lights turn on.

sue-s

Do I turn these off also?  Will that make any difference to my phone?  I am so challenged when it comes to anything technical..(lol)

sue-s

Yes it does..

@sue-s wrote:

I just checked my call forwarding and it is disabled but I noticed there are three other forwarding.  Forward when busy forward when unanswered forword when unreachable.  They all have the same number a 1 705 number.  I looked it up on google and it belongs to telus in barrie.  Do I turn these off also?  I didn't even know these were there.

705-581-4001? That is your voice mail number.

@sue-s wrote:

I just checked my call forwarding and it is disabled but I noticed there are three other forwarding.  Forward when busy forward when unanswered forword when unreachable.  They all have the same number a 1 705 number.  I looked it up on google and it belongs to telus in barrie.  Do I turn these off also?  I didn't even know these were there.

Does it ended with 4001? If yes it's the voicemail...

sue-s

navcoke

Just in case check if Call forwarding feature is set on your phone.

sue-s

Have looked on line hadn't found anything. Will try the dealer.  

Let us know if that helps. It doesn't sound like this is a Public Mobile issue but a phone / vehicle one. If the software update doesn't fix things, check at the place where you purchased the vehicle or look on-line. Good luck.

sue-s

Will give that a try.  Thanks.

Have you tried to do a software update on your phone recently ? Give that a try and let us know if that helps.

sue-s

Using an acatel phone and it's a Rogue suv.  I've had the car for a month or so and it worked fine this started last Friday.  Uninstalled it today and reinstalled but still doing it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What brand of handset are you using ? Car make and model please. Try unpairing phone...then pair again. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.