cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone port from Rogers and can't place calls?

MG2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I ported from Rogers on October 29. I've posted a few times in this community.  I can't place calls from home and incoming calls go to voicemail. Many times my phone says emergency calls only.  It has been a month now, I have been patient and use hangouts, fongo etc as suggested to contact people. But I am curious if this will ever get resolved? PM got back to me, said to power cycle my phone and then they were gone and I am still having the same problems. Another error I get is "error seaching for networks". There are towers around me. I am in the Kitchener area and wondering if anyone else has been able to fix this.  I just don't understand why calls always end. Mods?  Messages still remain unread to PM. 

Please fix.. @Mary_M @Shazia_K

10 REPLIES 10

MG2

@Shazia_K @Cherine7 I received the new SIM card from you and inserted it this weeeked but still all my calls go to voicemail when I'm at home.  Is there anything else to check or do?  I can't beleive that I can't use my phone to place calls.  I am using Fongo but this is can't go one forever.  Is this something Public mobile can fix or do I need to move on to another carrier...very frustrating.  I ported on October 29. 

MG2

@Shazia_K  I received the new SIM card from you and inserted it this weeeked but still all my calls go to voicemail when I'm at home.  Is there anything else to check or do?  I can't beleive that I can't use my phone to place calls.  I am using Fongo but this is can't go one forever.  Is this something Public mobile can fix or do I need to move on to another carrier...very frsutrating.

Suspect that if you only have the issue at home, you likely live near a "dead" zone even if it's not showing on the map. Likely a fringe area between 2 towers. Sometimes moving even just 50 feet can improve the signal. 

It's possible some phone models will be better in that situation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try to put your sim into other phones? You should be able to place calls after you activate. Only the incoming need to wait for the number be ported.

MG2

thanks again @Shazia_K@mimmo - I have tried 3G and have the same problem occurs. I checked the towers and also checked Telus coverage in my area... I think it should be ok but still have problems.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anywone else you know that is on PM ? maybe try their different sim in your phone?  

maybe try switching the the network mode on the phone to 3g, to see if that helps?  could there be a setting somewere in the phone causing the issue?

I know i have seen posted a tower map on the forums once, just can't remmeber where..

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Can you try to disable LTE when you are home? test it a day without using LTE at home. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

MG2

Thanks @mimmo  It is mostly from home. Phone is set to LTE. It is a one plus one and when I try to place calls I see it switch from 4G to H+ to no signal at all. 

I work In Guelph and no issues with the phone there. 

I don't have another unlocked phone to test 😞

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @MG2

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue, 

I was able to take a look at your account and everything is active as it should be, the port completed the same day and no issue on that end. 

Can you maybe try and test your SIM card in another phone? also, I would recommend changing SIM card maybe it could be related with that. 

Let me know, 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what phone are you using? what network mode are you using lte 3g etc...  Are you only having reception issues at home? or everywhere?  have you tried a different phone to see if you have the same issues in the same locations?

Need Help? Let's chat.