cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after almost a year with Public Mobile

dgage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been using PM for almost a year now and I have to say that its been great! Right from the moment I ported my phone over every thing has worked very well. In fact I seem to have better coverage than I did when I was with Bell.

The worst thing about PM is when someone asks who your carrier is. You tell them PM and they ask "Who?" Then they want to know plans and prices and when you tell them, they start gasping like a fish out of water, then you tell them there are no contracts or phones to buy, you bring your own phone, they get red in the face and say it cost them hundreds and they are locked into a 2 year contract! I just say "sorry about your luck" and carry on.

So PM keep up the good work!

17 REPLIES 17

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I joined public mobile about a month ago. Very happy with the service and coverage. I'm still waiting for a good promo for more data. Currently have the 90$ 3 month plan with 1.5gb data.

Keep it up 😛

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maran,

Glad to hear you are happy with PM. 🙂

Maran

love public mobile. Save money and good serviceHeart

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aip0401 wrote:
Speaking of $40/month, it still boggles my mind that, after loyalty and autopay rewards are maxed out, your bill will fall to $33/month after 5 years. That's not including additional rewards for helping the community or referring friends too. 😳

I've got it down to $34 now, without referrals.  In 5 years, if there are no price hikes, I hope it'll be down to $29.  Smiley Happy

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Speaking of $40/month, it still boggles my mind that, after loyalty and autopay rewards are maxed out, your bill will fall to $33/month after 5 years. That's not including additional rewards for helping the community or referring friends too. 😳

Swordth

Approaching a year here too and I already have 1 convert, and soon to be anouther 2. 

When people start complaining about $100+ bills I just tell them what I get for $40/month...and they're flabergasted. What do you mean I don't have to pay $1200/year for a cellphone?! Smiley Surprised

smayhew

I have now been with PM for 3 months and just had my first payment renewal.  And although I joined PM during the "crazy" promotion and had some issues, I was respected by the moderators and knew that they would address my porting issues.  I was calm and waited patiently, and my issues were dealt with in a reasonable time (noting that the moderators were slammed with an influx of issues).  A big shout out to the COMMUNITY because it is the members that really make this service successful.  So I just wanted to say thanks to all of you!  You all have helped me, and keep me LOVING this service.  So on that happy note....Here is a note of thanks and appreciation.

Happy Valentine's Day

Image result for Happy Valentines day cell phone image

Noosh
I can vouch for the same experience! People get so hyped and you're just like 'yeah it was a great deal and I'm saving so much money and they're actually a company that can compete up here' and many people are awestruck.

That being said, I've gotten a lot of push back because because like their grandfathered plans and they have great deals right now (none of which even compare to PM). And I'm just rolling in the gigs and data 😄

dohadotahmed
My wife and me both switched to public mobile on November 20, last day of promotion. I was on mobilicity/chatr 25$/month unlimited talk, text data plan and my wife was from wind 15$ talk and text plan. Was paying 40$ before the switch. Now paying 38+35=73$ but enjoying the great service and coverage.
I collected the sim card in from of telus tower on November 19 there was a big lineup.
Did some legwork because I was little late on the party...lol but very happy with the service.
There was a backlog during and after the promotion period now everything is normal. Usually the mod will reply within 48 hours now.
Great service and community support for very competitive price.
Long live PM.

jpar

@brainfreze wrote:

Agreed with all of you. i have never been anymore satisfied with a phone company as I have been with Public Mobile. Koodo was great, too, but Public Mobile offers the best deals i have ever come across.

I try to educate some people to try PM, but they're usually very steadfast not to because people are just unfamiliar with the company, which is unfortunate. They'll typically gravitate towards the well-known companies. 

The irony is they are still technically with Telus, a very well known company with a large network...

brainfreze

Agreed with all of you. i have never been anymore satisfied with a phone company as I have been with Public Mobile. Koodo was great, too, but Public Mobile offers the best deals i have ever come across.

I try to educate some people to try PM, but they're usually very steadfast not to because people are just unfamiliar with the company, which is unfortunate. They'll typically gravitate towards the well-known companies. 

suno

Been with PM since that great $40 plan was released 3 months ago and really satisfied with the service.    Way better than Rogers

SD08

After holding off for years, I finally got myself a smartphone and a superb data plan to go with it.  I've gone from no data at all to a 4GB/mth buffet of possibility.  It was PM's too-good-too-pass-up promotion that finally persuaded me to splurge, if you can call $38/mth splurging.   I'm only 2.5 months in, but I'm loving it.  Everything has been smooth so far.  Thank you PM!  Robot Happy

mimmo

My wife and I both signed up 6 month ish ago. a couple small hickups, but that was to do with plan chnages/autorewnewl  and all was resolved fast with almost  no downtime as I was aware of possible issues and was proactive, thnaks to being active on the community.  So basically no difference in coverage  compared to bell/virgin that we were with before, except the pocket book.

Thanks PM,  

Ps Love seeing and sharing the good news stories.

Welcome to the 1 year club.

Now you will earn Loyalty Rewards so more savings 🙂

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to know you're enjoying your time at PM. I'm at 3 months and loving it so far!

imm1304

Hi @dgage!

It sure is great to save money while getting the best coverage possible. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.