cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your reply got accepted as solution!

Whoo-hoo! I recently received a message saying that ' got accepted as solution'

Whoo-hoo! So, what does that mean in regards to rewards? I noticed @gblackma has over 1500 bravos, and it isn't halfway to the month yet!

Do solutions get any rewards? Or @gblackma, is super ma! 

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Your reply got accepted as solution!

@mpcdesign wrote:

Whoo-hoo! So, what does that mean in regards to rewards? I noticed @gblackma has over 1500 bravos, and it isn't halfway to the month yet!

Bravos and solutions are part of the Community rewards calculation,but they're probably not as much of a determining factor as many of us would like to think.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution...they can be quite hard to get unless you have answers at the ready and you pounce on each new post like blood thirsty cat by a shrew hole. Otherwise their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals. Harder to earn at first until you build your knowledge and if youre not the first poster with the correct answer much harder to get.

Don't make comparisons to the top of the bravo leaderboard as the current top 2 have completely thrown off the normal stats for a month and is an anomaly. Generally the top 5 will have 600 to maybe 900 bravo s in a month. 20-30 a day so it takes a lot of work. Just keep doing what you're doing....informative posts with your own unique spin. Bravo!

Highlighted

@mpcdesign wrote:

In regards to the part above, in bold, if you look at that a little closer, that total isn't about it being "halfway to the month yet", but is listed as "Last Month (30 days)", i.e. even when we move into the 1st day of March, that total will STILL be for the last 30 days, so essentially, those 30 days are always a moving target, and that number will go up, or down, depending on what the activity was like in those 30 days.

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@mpcdesign  Be proud of your first solution...they can be quite hard to get unless you have answers at the ready and you pounce on each new post like blood thirsty cat by a shrew hole. Otherwise their number total will represent between 5% and 10% of your post totals. Harder to earn at first until you build your knowledge and if youre not the first poster with the correct answer much harder to get.

Don't make comparisons to the top of the bravo leaderboard as the current top 2 have completely thrown off the normal stats for a month and is an anomaly. Generally the top 5 will have 600 to maybe 900 bravo s in a month. 20-30 a day so it takes a lot of work. Just keep doing what you're doing....informative posts with your own unique spin. Bravo!

I will modify this explanation with a slight word and number change.  Given the level of activity in the community forum, a rational level for bravos should be around 600 on the assumption that there's 10 posts per day and two bravos per post.  These are rounded average numbers.  There's no real reward for bravado.  It far from typical to have pure dominance where one or two people are the helpers in every thread twice!  This isn't supposed to be a competition even though we all have some competitiveness, some way more than others.  Don't feel the need to have both elbows out while trying to offer help.  Do what you can when you can.  Do this because you enjoy it.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

Do solutions get any rewards? 

This might help:

formula.PNG

Highlighted

@geopublic  LOLOL!!!