cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You need to cell phones again

firerat1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey i think public needs to cell phones or make a deal with koodo or telus to have phones fore us to buy right out becasu u dont need to unlock a koodo or telus phone it would be awesome i miss the phones u use to have

Who agrees with me on this idea
8 REPLIES 8

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Man, I got a plan with Wind, for me and my wife, got brand new shinny cellphones.  I could not stand it not even 4 months.

I had absolutelly no signal inside the office.  If I was shopping at costco with my wife and "misteriously" she would go missing ( probably looking at clothes while I was looking at computers ) neither of us would get any signal!!!

I cancelled the contract, and paid $700 cash for the phones tab just so I dont have to deal with their crappy signal and crappy speeds.

If you had "Unlimited" money, but could only spend 1 dollar a day, would it be useful?

Thank you,

JL.

@firerat1980 wrote:
Well ur 100% right that is true but that the benfits of public under telus koodo but one thing is u need unlimited internet like wind or chatr

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@7789849803 nice find on that official response from PM.  I'd never seen that before, but it's nice they've acknowledged it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@bondmi Absolutely. Since PM uses the same Telus network, Telus/Koodo phones see the PM SIM as being the same kind as that of Telus/Koodo.

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not know that you can use a locked TELUS/Koodo phone. This is good to know when referring prople to PM.

@firerat1980 The "unlimited" internet idea, or, more accurately, the data throttling past a limit idea, has been discussed before, and PM has officially responded to it, as well. Look here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Throttle-instead-of-cut-off-data-after-limi...

firerat1980
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Well ur 100% right that is true but that the benfits of public under telus koodo but one thing is u need unlimited internet like wind or chatr

Mayor / Maire

@firerat1980 You can definitely do this today. Simply waltz in to any Telus store, tell them you'd like to buy a phone outright, with no term commitment. They'll sell you anything from a $70 Alcatel flip phone to a $1335 iPhone 6S Plus. If you look on the website, you can even get some nice deals on used/refurbished phones!

Plus, there's always Orchard.

Need Help? Let's chat.