cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know what PM needs? - BETTER SOFTWARE!!!!

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You know if they had better engineered software all this chaos wouldn't be at the level we are seeing today.  One good example of a flaw in their system is they are detecting errors in activations, therefore aborting the activation process, but still processing payments anyway!!, that to me shows their level of software engineering is sub par on the systems they are using.  Who know what thei internal systems are like for handling porting and so forth. 

I know peple are complaining about customer service lacking, but it should run smoothly without need for much customer service.  If it was designed and tested properly.

All I can say is if they want to run a successful self serve business they really need to improve whatever software they are using. 

22 REPLIES 22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Why not just provide the info, I've experienced similar things before. I once had to bring my phone in and show a store about multiple charges, they couldn't find them. Once I showed my proof, it was taken care of.

nyall

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hey there, 

I can just confirm that none of the charges have gone through, the account was activated with a declined payment for some reason. 

If you find any charges on your credit card statement, feel free to reach out to me with a screenshot of your bank statement. 

Thanks,

Shazia

I'm actually at a loss for words... This is absolutely pathetic. 

nyall

So they're just incompetent then? 

Right now the one saving grace, is that they're not banning/deleting threads of people who are having issues.

Rockdaddy22
They can obviously bypass the bugs. How else could they help people sign up. They don't use the same system we do. I had the same credit card problem when I first signed up.

nyall

I went into payments and found my credit card that was said to be declined on file and I'm guessing was used for the payment.. wtf? 

I had not supplied her with any of that information via PM yet she or whoever opened my account was able to access and use it. 

Rockdaddy22
She's trying to be as speedy as possible. She'll credit you for the unused time, or maybe the plan she created started that day. So you wouldn't be paying for 2. I urge you to not give up on them, it'll be worth it in the long wrong. I know it doesn't seem like it now.

nyall

I aksed for assistance, following directions from a post I saw here. How is it even fair that I'm being burdened with having to be responsible for two concurrent phone plans because of bad customer service especially for a problem that is fairly widespread? 

Could she not have asked me what I wanted to do, before just doing it?

Rockdaddy22
Did you mention in the email you sent that you didn't even want the one account? Not that I read. You'll get the $360 back but don't know about the $120. Shaz gave you an account because she obviously thought you wanted one.

nyall

No, I tried to sign up once a month ago.

And the first time I got this:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

So I tried again, because I knew I had money on my card and assumed I had entered wrongly and got the same thing. So I tried again this time being sure, that everything was correct, same thing and then called my bank to ensure that there was indeed money on my account which there was and they walked me through the transaction and it happened for the fourth time. I had tried ot time this with my billing cycle and since it didn't work I gave up, and couldn't be bothered any further. And then a  few days later, I saw 4, $120 charges on my card statement. 

I sent an email, which got no reply, and this PM after almost 3 weeks, having paid my biill with my current provider already for the month, I don't want an account with Public Mobile, much less give them even more money, especially after all this incovenience and trouble. 

I called my bank and they gave me two options, contact Public Mobile's joke of a support system or wait anywhere from 60 to 90 days for a chargeback. How delightful.I'd obviously not want to go through the latter and I  know, none of the mods are sitting around trying to scam people or anything like that, and I know they're probably swamped with requests and issues but I've gotten better service and support from Chinese websites and buyers off of Kijiji than from Public Mobile.

Funnily enough, I followed the instructions that were posted in the private message, and my credit card which was declined 4 times and the moderator couldn't find an accoutn for is registered to my account and my transaction history looks like this...

history

So right now I have no idea what's going on. 

erotavlas

@nyall you can dispute the charges with your credit card provider.  They should have a resolutions department that handles cases like this.  My credit card told me to wait 15 days after the incorrect charges were posted, and contact PM to have them reversed.  If after doing that and PM still hasn't responded, the resolution department of the credit card will take control of the situation and try to get the funds back for you.  The down side is that I was told to pay the charges anyway or risk incurring interest charges, which i think is BS since that mean I have to divert cash into my credit card to cover a bogus charge which I could be using elsewhere to pay for other things. 

Rockdaddy22
You tried to sign up four times, but you didn't want an account. I'm sure she honestly couldn't find it she's not trying to scam you. Your credit card company will take care of it if need be. I'm sorry for the frustrating experience so far.

nyall

I originally sent:

Name: Nyall xxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.com

Sim Card: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On the 27th of October, I tried to activate and port over an account and for whatever reason I got a failure message and the credit card I used was charged $120, four times for a toal of $480. At first I assumed it was an error and just a prelimenary charge when the hold was palced on my card and the charges were going ot be reversed. However, this has not been the case and would like to get assisstance. 

and after 2 weeks of nothing I get this:

I just activated your SIM card here are the info:

Account #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New phone #: xxxxxxxxx

Can you insert your SIM card in your phone and test your service? I can't find any account where you were charged 4 times. If you wish to port your number over then please provide me with the details. 

Please also create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Thanks, 

Shazia

---- 

So now I have an account or whatever that I did not ask for and she can't find anything for the $480 that I was charged. This forum is filled with people going through the exact thing that I'm going through..They charge, even though they say they wouldn't and conveniently have no trail of where the money's gone and have a joke of a support system to boot. 

Rockdaddy22
You should sign up with Koodo

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They most definitely not. What did the person even reply back?

nyall

I was charged $480 for 4 failed activation a month ago. Got no support or replies from the mods until yesterday and it wasn't even helpful and now I have to contact my bank..

I don't care how many gigs they give for data, I will never refer Public Mobile to anyone after this experience. Rogers and Bell screw you over. Public Mobile steals from you.

josephcommerce

If you want PM to get better software,

referal more friend to it... the more user PM gets... the more budget room they can get next year to invest in better softward.

If PM can get more user than Telus (parent company) then Telus for sure will give PM more budget room to increase it software and hardware.

Also, maybe even more supports as well.

I am telling my friend about PM...

Spread the word.. "Public Mobile  is good plan and cheap price"

Rockdaddy22
I don't think the computer can do a test port before the actual port. They have a lot of work to do, that's for sure.

Rockdaddy22
Does any carrier have that ability?

Gastone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If people is entering bad information is because the forms are not fail proof. Forms could try to validate as much data as possible before processing it.

Rockdaddy22
All the same issues were around, all.

It's just the issues got fixed quickly so it wasn't to big of a deal.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Totally agree there should be no charge until a successful activation of a SIM.  Some people would say a port of a number but that can get into to many variables as to why it isn't successful.  I wish I had been with PM longer to see what type of issues came up during activation before this promo, becasue there must have been some similar issues prior to but the mass influx of new customers just compounded all the "mionor issues" they experienced before the promo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Most ports fail do to users entering incorrect info. That being said, you're absolutely right.
Need Help? Let's chat.