cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can have Visual Voicemail in Andriod

GotVVM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

My brother taugh me this setup which allows PM to have a visual voicemail feature using a free 3rd party app on Andriod phones.  Basically, when you don't/unable answer your phone, your number will get forwarded to the Fongo number and will cause that number to ring once before going to the Fongo voicemail.  You will then get an email notification via email.    Or you can open up the app to check for voicemail.

Here are the steps:

1. Download Fongo and install Fongo in your phone, its free.

2. Sign up an account within the app, pick a local phone number.

3. Once you logged into the app, click MENU icon, then ACCOUNT, then SETTINGS. 

Under PHONE SERVICES, change "Rings Before Voicemail" to 1. 

Under ADVANCED SETTINGS, deselect "Start On Phone Startup", "Start On Incoming Call".

4. You can leave the other options at default. Go back to the main screen that have the numeric dial pad, click MENU, then select EXIT to completely exit the program.

3. Using your phone, you need to set your phone so that if there is no answer, busy tone, or out of coverage, your phone would forward to the new Fongo number that you got.  To accomplish this, in your phone's dialer, enter this:  *004*xxxxxxxxxx#  then press the call button

Replace xxxxxxxxxx with your newly applied Fongo number.  When you don't/unable to answer your phone, your Public Mobile number will get forwarded to the Fongo number for 1 more ring, then the voicemail greeting will kick in.

You can always access your visual voicemail from the Fongo app.  When you are done with the voicemail, make sure you exit the program by clicking MENU, then select EXIT to completely exit the program.

Optional Custom Greetings Setup:

You can set your voicemail greeting by dialling *98, pressing 3 for Personal Options, then 3 again for Greetings where you will have the option to record your greeting.

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/22914478-Record-my-voicemail-greeting

Optional Forwarding voicemail to email:

From the www.freephoneline.ca page, log in to your account on your computer. Click on "Settings" and then "Voicemail Settings".
Select your Voicemail to Email preference and your Voicemail Forwarding Email and click the "Update" button.  You would select the COPY option.

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/22907033-Get-my-Freephoneline-voicemail-copied-or-forwarded-...

0 REPLIES 0
Need Help? Let's chat.