cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yesterday was my 90 day payment date but...

smilingeyes70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has not happened to me before. I've always been on Auto-Pay and still am. For whatever reason, I totally lost service yesterday and needed to call 611 and authorize CC payment for service to be restored. I have not changed any of my CC or address information. Why did auto-pay not function as it always had?

14 REPLIES 14

allan14333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My case is worse, after my phone is inactivated ,I log in my public mobile account, I saw I still owed money to public mobile. So I made a manual payment online, after I login my credit card account, I found myself charged twice by Public mobile, one is charged by auto-pay earlier the day, another one is my manual payment.

@Someone_here wrote:

If that's the case, these old systems really need a major upgrade...

smilingeyes70

PM's response:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.  I will be glad to assist you.

We’re terribly sorry to hear that you had AutoPay issues on May 2nd.  We truly understand the importance of having fully functional services at all times.

On May 2nd between 2AM- 9:30AM EST, our system were unable to process credit card payments for renewing customers who had AutoPay enabled. This means that your plan services did not renew, and your credit card was not charged.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The issue has since been resolved.  Rest assured that we are always working on giving our clients the best experience and keeping our system smooth and running!

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience, i wish you a nice week!

Regards,

Bladimir R.

smilingeyes70

I believe that the suggestion that this has to do faulty technology on PM's back end is the issue here. I will be contacting them. I DID actually lose service on the morning of my Auto-pay date (may 2). This had never hapenned before. One of the reasons I love PM is that I NEVER lose service. EVER. The network is reliable. Auto-Pay has always worked smoothly. This is the first time it has not. It was not terribly difficult and took less than 5 minutes to call 611 and pay manually. My service restarted right after this call. I want to make sure that in the future this does not become a trend.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, no I don’t think so, however when folks see expired, naturally they want to do something to fix it.

I do not know if folks check for service first or not, but when we’re signing up for the 2016 plan, AutoPay was expiring, folks had service, and they were told DO NOTHING if your device has service.

Sadly, frustration takes over, and some people cause their own problems.

I do not know what this situation is.. I just offer my experience of what I’ve seen various times in my own renewals.

I have a sense too that it has to do with touching something when it really doesn't need to be touched.  The self serve has two dates, the earlier date being shown right on the overview page.  The actual renewal date is the following day.  So when you show various states for the account during the renewal process, customers are baited into touching it.  There is movement afoot to better explain stuff via knowledge base update.  Hopefully, that will have a positive impact.

If that's the case, these old systems really need a major upgrade...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker no I think that's wrong.  I'm pretty sure @smilingeyes70 indicated the service actually stopped working prior to them taking some action.

@will13am yes in my opinion this is a new issue.  My personal theory is related to @stonechucker's observation that the process seems to be finishing later and later over time.  My theory is that the combined pre-paid Koodo + PM user base had gotten large enough that on some days there are enough auto top-ups + renewals to process during the night that it can't complete them in time before it starts impacting service.  If my theory is right, the issue will/does self-correct itself once the processing catches up later in the morning, but if it's impacting service, Telus need to look at ways of alleviating this.

For anyone that doesn't know (many of you do, I know):  Public Mobile shares back-end systems with Koodo's pre-paid division.  If you were to look at pre-paid Koodo's self-serve system, other than the colour and some terminology, it looks identical to Public Mobile's.  This is also why you can't port in a pre-paid Koodo phone number to PM yourself and need moderator assistance, because the system thinks it's an intra-instituation port which is not allowed.  That aside, err, aside, I can confirm that this issue is also impacting some folks on some days on Koodo pre-paid.  Here's a recent example I saw earlier today in the Koodo community, for your reference:  https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/auto-top-up-suspends-phone-service

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, no I don’t think so, however when folks see expired, naturally they want to do something to fix it.

If I remember correctly, it's been at least two 90-days billing cycles since they introduced a message in selfserve alongside the big Expired one, saying basically "if you still have service do nothing and don't panic"...

I do not know if folks check for service first or not, but when we’re signing up for the 2016 plan, AutoPay was expiring, folks had service, and they were told DO NOTHING if your device has service.

Sadly, frustration takes over, and some people cause their own problems.

I do not know what this situation is.. I just offer my experience of what I’ve seen various times in my own renewals.

@srlawren wrote:

@smilingeyes70 I know that @stonechucker has noted that the processing seems to be running later and later these days.  It's possible that your payment and renewal would have processed on their own if you had waited a bit longer, but I'm glad you got it sorted out with the manual payment.  

Is this a new bug where renewal is delayed to the point of producing a service interruption? 

srlawren

@smilingeyes70 wrote:

So being without service as payments are delayed in being processed is part pf the PM expereience? Should we accept this as norm?

@smilingeyes70 I never said that.  

You explained the symptoms, and then asked:

@smilingeyes70 wrote:

I have not changed any of my CC or address information. Why did auto-pay not function as it always had?

My response was merely a possible explaination of why your auto-pay did not function as it alwasy had.  I didn't say it was expected or should be considered as or accepted as the norm.  

By all means, if you're concerned that this might not be an isolated incident, or you would like the matter investigated, I'd suggest you contact the moderator team and ask them to look into the issue.  If you'd like to do so, here are the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@smilingeyes70 wrote:

So being without service as payments are delayed in being processed is part pf the PM expereience? Should we accept this as norm?

Maybe it's an incentive to move people to Koodo... Smiley LOL

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smilingeyes70 wrote:

I am in Panic mode now!!! Woman Wink

smilingeyes70

srlawren

@smilingeyes70 I know that @stonechucker has noted that the processing seems to be running later and later these days.  It's possible that your payment and renewal would have processed on their own if you had waited a bit longer, but I'm glad you got it sorted out with the manual payment.  

Need Help? Let's chat.