cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Redmi phones?

Kokanee08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone have any experience with any of the Xiaomi Redmi phones? Specifically the Redmi Note 3 Pro, since it seems to be one of the few that supports PM LTE bands. I was looking into buying one from aliexpress, but wanted to get some opinions before I go for it.

5 REPLIES 5

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey,

There's a huge thread on redflagdeals about these phones.  Also gives tips on which providers you should go to.  I can't get on the thread right now (at work), but you can find it through a simple google search.

I have the Mi Max. Albeit it is not the Redmi but these phones are pretty amazing for the price.  Mi Max's performance is similar to a Galaxy Note whereas a Redmi has similar performance to a galaxy s series phone.  My only concern about aliexpress is the shipping time.  Currently CBSA has been looking through most packages that come in through the Vancouver area for drugs.  There's also a huge thread on redflagdeals about the shipping time from Aliexpress.  Be prepared to wait 2 - 3 months.

For $200USD, it's a steal in my opinion.  Comes unlocked, works with all networks in Canada and (for the Mi Max) has LTE.  Unsure about Redmi, but specific models ( I think 4?) has LTE.

I would say these phones are perfect for BYOD plans like PM.  You can recover your cost fairly easily since the phone is affordable.  Most other BYOD plans give you a 10% discount.

I hope this helped!  Best of luck in your decision.

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Kokanee08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input!

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro phone couple of months ago and I tested it with wind and chatr plan. Both worked fine because it was an international version. Bought it from aliexpress and was shipped from Hong Kong. If you want to buy any phone make sure it's global version to work with Canadian carrier.
You can check the compatibility by going this site..
http://willmyphonework.neScreenshot_2017-02-02-20-35-19.png

Need Help? Let's chat.