cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Phone - data not working

karen_z
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

We have a Xiaomi phone, and we bought the $25 data plan (500 mb + 500mb) but the phone is not receiving data .  I was wondering what's going on. Can somebody help? 

8 REPLIES 8

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To check if it is global version, go to Settings>About phone, you will be able to see the MIUI version, which shall indicate wheter it is a global version. Xiaomi rocks!

@karen_z wrote:

Xiaomi 5s  

How can we tell if it's a global version? It was not purchased in this country. 

karen_z

Thank you all! Data is working now!

@karen_z wrote:

Xiaomi 5s  

I'll ask this one question. Do phone calls work when you use this device?  If so, your phone is compatible, and assuming correct APN setup, data will also work. 

As for talk about network types, LTE is not required for Public Mobile service, although ideally you should have a phone that is capable of connecting to Public Mobile's LTE network.

@geopublic wrote:

@karen_z wrote:

Xiaomi 5s  

@karen_z  By the model number

@karen_z  Is it the Xiaomi mi 5s? If yes, the it supports both 3G bands B2 and B5 but only has limited LTE connectivity (only has B5 and B7) missing B4.

So data should work. Just make sure data is on and you have the correct APN settings:

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

@karen_z wrote:

Xiaomi 5s  

@karen_z  By the model number

karen_z

Xiaomi 5s  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@karen_z wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have a Xiaomi phone, and we bought the $25 data plan (500 mb + 500mb) but the phone is not receiving data .  I was wondering what's going on. Can somebody help? 

@karen_z  Did you make sure your phone is compatible with the Telus network before signing up? What is the model of your phone? Is it the Global version?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@karen_z wrote:

Hi everyone,

Have you checked the APN settings?  Was this phone used with another provider?  Here is a great site to set up your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.