cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone number transferred from Telus at Walmart

chrich66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went to Walmart to sign up for Public Mobile, transferring from Telus with the intention of keeping my existing cell number.  The transfer quick and easy....WRONG!  For some reason my old landline telephone number (which has been out of service for 6 months) became my new PM cell number.  Went back to Walmart but they couldn't help.  I do want my old phone number, I want the Telus number that should have been transferred in the first place.  Please help!

12 REPLIES 12

@SomeFriend 

Spoofing caller ID is incredibly easy

Better off to block it though (in case other person calls back)

@SomeFriend wrote:

Say, with such, can’t people exploit it if they need a specific number as their caller ID?

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Say, with such, can’t people exploit it if they need a specific number as their caller ID?

@kav2001c wrote:

You can't transfer a number "out of service" for 6 months (landline or cell)

Not possible

The "correct" test of a port-in is the ability to receive incoming calls. PM has a history of allocating the requested number for outgoing calls immediately. Suspect the number in question is not in use.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ExtraSlow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jeremiah10 wrote:

Hey Chrich66
First off, make sure your Telus cellular line is active and is making out going calls/in coming calls. Next log into My account on self serve on public mobile, and request a number change. Provide the phone number, account number and pin number. If that doesnt go through, you can contact the Moderater team and provide them the information through a private message. Do not post your personal info online.
Hope this helps, enjoy your day.

Agree, this is something you can do yourself in the self-service.  That will be faster than waiting for the moderators, although if you have issues they should be able to help too.  

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Chrich66
First off, make sure your Telus cellular line is active and is making out going calls/in coming calls. Next log into My account on self serve on public mobile, and request a number change. Provide the phone number, account number and pin number. If that doesnt go through, you can contact the Moderater team and provide them the information through a private message. Do not post your personal info online.
Hope this helps, enjoy your day.

@chrich66 

Hey dont curse me now Cat LOL

Something else happened in backend in all seriousness

Walmart could not have physically done this

It seems most likely error is on Bells side (as porting landline takes all kinds of extra verifications that do not exist for port a mobile number)

chrich66

Well kav2001c all I know is that we no longer have a Bell landline.  Wish you were my Walmart rep so that this wouldn't have happened!

You can't transfer a number "out of service" for 6 months (landline or cell)

Not possible

chrich66

Yes I guess I should have, but my husband transferred 2 other phones at the same location with no problems I didn't think twice.  Also, it was our old Bell residential number which was canelled more than 6 months ago so I am surprised it let him use it.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chrich66 wrote:

I just went to Walmart to sign up for Public Mobile, transferring from Telus with the intention of keeping my existing cell number.  The transfer quick and easy....WRONG!  For some reason my old landline telephone number (which has been out of service for 6 months) became my new PM cell number.  Went back to Walmart but they couldn't help.  I do want my old phone number, I want the Telus number that should have been transferred in the first place.  Please help!

If you Telus account is still active just login into slefserve.publicmobile.ca or click on the My Account (Top right of this page), login into your account and there is an option to port your number.

If it does not work the send a private message to: moderator_team and they will help you. Good Luck!!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Go into your account and request to change your number, then choose to transfer your number from Telus.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@chrich66  Yoiu can try porting in from your self-serve account. If it does not let you, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will get get this figure out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.