cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Work around for using all your data before end of plan

Good info. Too bad there wasn’t just a “Renew existing plan Now” option in the list of plans for this very purpose. Obviously if there are two plans you can alternate between that work out to a fairly comparable cost per Gb that would be ideal as you can just switch when you run out of data rather than commiting to two plans per 30 days with two SIM cards.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes that appears to have initiated the problem..

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great savings at PM but need improvement in resolving issues...not a good deal if depending on your phone for business purposes

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fudgeman wrote:

I also notice 3G for some reason uses a lot less data then 4g, even when loading same content. I don't understand how but it does.

You mentioned you stream shows. If the application dynamically adjusts video quality based on internet speed, that would explain it. YouTube and Netflix do this, for example.

Mayor / Maire

@fudgeman wrote:

Good point. So if they change the promotion I lose it if I decide to change my plan? How long has this promo been active?

i should have realized that but it didn't occur to me. I will be going to get another sim then to lock it in both cards. 

I used to have a Rogers internet hub. Was over 200 a month for internet alone. I cut back my usage a lot. I also notice 3G for some reason uses a lot less data then 4g, even when loading same content. I don't understand how but it does.

16gb I use for sure so no issue there.

thanks for the tips

If you are worrying PM cancel the $50 8GB plan, your can schedule a plan change on your next renewal date back to the $50 8GB plan right after your early plan change using plan builder.