Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering PM could bring 6GB Data Plan Promo

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As title say

14 REPLIES 14

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Ionut wrote: After all cellphone it's just a cellphone never will replace a laptop.
We are not far off of the cellphone replacing laptops or becoming your all in one device.  Check out phones like Lumia 950/950XL  Acer Jade Primo and HPElite X3  With the continuum feature and lapdock this phones are becoming laptops with ease

I doubt we are that close.  Laptops are boring and mainly for productivity type activites and cell phones are more for pleasure.  I read an article earlier this morning that said the top apps on a cell phone is facebook and facebook messenger.  Some may beg to differ, but I think it will be a long while before the phone replaces the computer. 

Zombie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in the same boat @mimmo -- I use around 500MB/mo on my old provider and that hasn't change, but as it was mentioned Wifi provides the majority of my data and I work from home/don't go out much except when travelling (which is usually to the US).

I missed out on the 4GB promo, but still got the 2GB just as a buffer (I think it was only $3/month more, so I think of it as insurance in case I need to tether and do some VPNing or something in an emergency or my home Internet goes down).

I suppose for the commuter who streams music or movies on the train a larger plan might make sense, but I think other providers are a better value at that point since the 4GB plan is >$60/month, I'd think a 6GB plan would be close to $80/month if they were to offer it.  Who knows.  Average usage will grow with time though so perhaps they will re-calibrate things down the road.

nockiboo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used to be on a older Fido 6gb plan and I was finding I wasn't using as much data.  Since there is tons of Shaw WIFI points and use of Office Wifi.  Only time that was needed to use data was on the go.  12gb within the 3 months is more than enough for me.  I guess if you are an avid video streamer then you will go over...

Ionut wrote: After all cellphone it's just a cellphone never will replace a laptop.
We are not far off of the cellphone replacing laptops or becoming your all in one device.  Check out phones like Lumia 950/950XL  Acer Jade Primo and HPElite X3  With the continuum feature and lapdock this phones are becoming laptops with ease

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't wanna say nothing bad. And i have 12 GB of Data which are enough for me. After all cellphone it's just a cellphone never will replace a laptop. And i believe smartphone are supposed to be used when needed. Upload/download documents at work etc.

Also i payed in 3 months 60$ after all the discount and reward. Which mean 20$ monthly. If they can do this i will move to Fido. 

Note: i was with Fido and they charge me 20 $ monthly for text message receieve from Fido. Message like: Do you like the new hairstyle of Shakira etc. 

I'm so fine. with PM and i cannot ask for more. It's not even possible. Sometime i'm wondering how PM survive with those rewards.

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Koodoo have nice promotion today (4GB for $49  or 6 GB for $54). But if you on fall promo with Public Mobile it is still the best value out there! No provider can beat that!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

18/gb/90 days or even unlimited data would be great as well,  I guess it all depends on how much we will want to pay.

For now (and as a rule of thumb) its best to choose a provider/plan that offers you what you need, at a price  you can justify.  Most people supplement their data with wifi at home/work/starbucks/mcdonalds etc...  if 6gb is the right plan for you then unfortunately PM is currently not the provider for you at the moment, in the future it might be.

It is best to put these requests in the public lab .

As a personal observation  I was doing OK with 500mg/month on my old provider (the occasional overage).  I switched to PM because i got more (1gb/mth for the same price) and I would not have to worry about overages.  I then switched to the 4gb promo plan because it was only slightly more and quadruppled my data, funny thing is that  i am still using about 500mg/data/month.  time to start matching those youtube cats  🙂 

Rockdaddy22
I have nothing against 18GB 90 day plans. I'm sure they'll include them in the future.

Zombie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Right.. but with Fido you're going to be in a contract, and it's NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY - I prefer a company that doesn't penalize loyal subscribers.  (Instead PM REWARDS loyal customers).

Also, PMs target market appears to be slightly more technically savvy/discerning but cost conscious users.  I don't think super large data plans are really appealing to most of that market segment... Not to paraphrase Bill Gates but 4GB/month (especially with the 90 day flexibility) really should be enough for almost everyone unless you are using your phone as your sole Internet connection.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
This isn't rfd lol

Good response!  I think OP got carried away with the copy/paste.  Honestly, I think the best approach to shopping is chase the deals rather than stand still and ask for the deals to come to you.  No point in asking PM to provide a 6 gig plan to compete with Rogers.  It's not like Telus takes their promotion cues from this forum.

Rockdaddy22
This isn't rfd lol

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I doubt it.  If 6 gigs is what you need, go with whoever offers it at an attractive price point.  Buying cellular service is not like getting groceries where you bring a pile of flyers to the checkout and seek price matching.  

Wonder_why
[Fido] HOT 6GB DATA $60 BYOD BOXING DAY 2 Day's only Fido releasing a plan starting 26-27 for new customers only : $60 BYOD BOXING day Promo 6GB DATA Unlimited Canada Calling Unlimited Texting Canada, US & international Numbers Call waiting Caller ID Mini Voice-mail Add a additional lines get 10% off Enjoy and Merry Christmas Mod Reminder: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.

Wonder_why

Fido having a Promo 6GB Data Plan

Need Help? Let's chat.