cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the Beta SIM card, must we get a new phone number, and can we keep our plan?

CommunityLou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The title just about says it all.  I got my Beta SIM card but want to know what to expect before I activate it.  Is there a new fee involved (since the instructions say that we should have our credit card or voucher handy), do we need to get a new phone number or can we keep our current number, and can we keep our current plan or do we need to get a new plan?

2 REPLIES 2

CommunityLou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply, hunnybunny.

After I submitted my questions I found an article with this comment:

The company notes that "customers who joined Public Mobile prior to January 27, 2015, are not affected by this change and can continue to enjoy their current base plan rates and support service, including enhanced online support."

So, you commented that there is no extra feeactivating the new SIM card.  The article that I saw, with the text above, tells me that I can keep my current plan.  Now I just need to figure out the phone number issue and hope that the activation process goes smoothly.

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @CommunityLou

No you are not charged a fee for activation but you will need a credit card or top up card when you activate to pay for the plan you will use for the month. You are also more than welcome to port in an already existing number but keep in mind in doing so both lines must be active. I am not sure what you mean by can we keep one plan or change to another. As far as i know with the new plans you can change them as much as you want but remember when you switch your plan that you will need to pay for the new plan so its best  to wait til near your plan expiry. If your on the grandfathered plans from before than when u switch you cant go back those plans no longer exist.

Need Help? Let's chat.