cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winners of the Giveaways

mtalha88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I saw in the other thread that winners are emailed.

If you got an email saying that you won one of the prizes, please post below.

Smiley Happy

52 REPLIES 52

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@jen-jen

Happy to hear that 🙂 Thank you for participating!

Cheers,

Jeremy

jen-jen
Went to Boston pizza!! Had a blast and used my giftcard I won!! Thank you again! Xoxo

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Cool, @McLaren!  I've got one of those coming, too.  🙂

Hey @McLaren, did yours come FedEx?  Did you get any emails from PM with shipping/tracking info when they shipped it?  I've kind of entered into a bit of FedEx pergatory and am very confused.

Here's my story:

I got the email from the Social Media team, printed, scanned, and sent them my release form to claim it. Then last Tuesday (Dec 29th), I got a call from the BC FedEx office asking for a unit number for my address, since it apparently wasn't on the package.  I gave it to the lady, but indicated I was at work rather than home, and would be again the next day if they tried to deliver it again.  I inquired about redirecting the delivery to my work address but she said it would be an additional cost to the shipper (PM) and would need to get it authorized, so I said not to worry about that.  I then asked if it could just be held for me to pick-up, and she said she would request that, and I believe indicated that I would get a door hanger slip with tracking info that I could use to pick it up.  I got home that evening and there was no hanger.

I waited another day or two, and then there was new years, and I had a cold knock me out for a few days.  In any event, I'm better now, but have realized that I never did get any info on how to pick it up.  So today I called FedEx first at the number they called me from (604-279-6500), where a recorded message said to call 1-800-GO-FEDEX for customer service.  So I did.  And unfortunately, the nice lady could not find anything in the system for my name and address or name and phone number.  So, at this point, I'm a bit stuck.

I have emailed the social media team at PM to see if they have a tracking or invoice number they can send me to help FedEx locate the package.  I hope to hear back from them.  Just curious if they gave you any of that info, or if the package just showed up?

Yes it came via FedEx.  Already got my sdcard and ordered accessories for the camera

@srlawren Glad you finally got your gift. 

Enjoy!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

One last update from me @Jeremy_M : I was able to pick up the GoPro from FedEx late yesterday afternoon and it's pretty awesome!  Looking forward to trying it out some more.  Thanks again!!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

My pleasure!Man Happy

Happy to see that this was resolved for you!

Cheers,

Jeremy

srlawren

@Jeremy_M yes thank you very much!  I did reply a little while ago but thought I should let you know here as well that I appreciate you guys taking care of it for me.  I think the fault is really mine--I didn't consider that the address I put on the release would be the shipping address; If I had, I would have just used my work address which would have been easier as there's always someone here to receive packages.  My bad!

Thank you again very much!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Thank you for the details! We did send you an email, please advise if you received it?

Cheers,

Jeremy

srlawren

@srlawren wrote:

Hey @McLaren, did yours come FedEx?  Did you get any emails from PM with shipping/tracking info when they shipped it?  I've kind of entered into a bit of FedEx pergatory and am very confused.

Here's my story:

I got the email from the Social Media team, printed, scanned, and sent them my release form to claim it. Then last Tuesday (Dec 29th), I got a call from the BC FedEx office asking for a unit number for my address, since it apparently wasn't on the package.  I gave it to the lady, but indicated I was at work rather than home, and would be again the next day if they tried to deliver it again.  I inquired about redirecting the delivery to my work address but she said it would be an additional cost to the shipper (PM) and would need to get it authorized, so I said not to worry about that.  I then asked if it could just be held for me to pick-up, and she said she would request that, and I believe indicated that I would get a door hanger slip with tracking info that I could use to pick it up.  I got home that evening and there was no hanger.

I waited another day or two, and then there was new years, and I had a cold knock me out for a few days.  In any event, I'm better now, but have realized that I never did get any info on how to pick it up.  So today I called FedEx first at the number they called me from (604-279-6500), where a recorded message said to call 1-800-GO-FEDEX for customer service.  So I did.  And unfortunately, the nice lady could not find anything in the system for my name and address or name and phone number.  So, at this point, I'm a bit stuck.

I have emailed the social media team at PM to see if they have a tracking or invoice number they can send me to help FedEx locate the package.  I hope to hear back from them.  Just curious if they gave you any of that info, or if the package just showed up?

Tell us, @Luddite, how was it like being chased by dinosaurs while you snacked on chocolate bars? 😛

@7789849803 @Martin Unlike you two all nighters, I'm so old I actual need sleep. I certainly hope Martin is not devoid of Hippocrates' four humours; otherwise he must be a bot. Not only do I recall coffee crisp, as it's the only form of that beverage I will sup, I also know the song "A Rose and Bay Ruth". Man LOL

I consider funny quips, planned or inadvertent, one of the rewards of Community participation.So, please do not desist. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Even funnier, then! 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend

I was serious. SHEESH!

@Luddite running from dinosaurs as a youngster, with a candy bar in one hand...trying to avoid becoming a snack. Too funny...way too funny!!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You can't be laughing; I'm totally devoid of humour.

ROFL...I literally can't stop laughing now!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I think that the precipitation in Raincouver is getting the better of you.

Perhaps southern Ontario in winter, with its sunny days and -20* temperatures, would be more to your liking?

Snake's hips? I never heard of that one. @Luddite probably has. He was a youngster when dinosaurs still roamed the world; that's why he runs so quickly. He never wanted to be a snack.

Haha...I'm quite a bit younger than you may assume. But I do love them Coffee Crisp chocolate bars. They really are the snake's hips. They're just so coffee-y, so crispy, so chocolatey, so...bar-y...

*WARNING: not a paid endorsement (clearly!)*

*WARNING: Eating Coffee Crisp bars makes one fat (I should know). Consumer discretion advised.*

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I think that most people won't know what "bees knees" means. You're aging yourself.

It's comparable to the commercial which I love.
Q: How do you like your coffee?
A: Crisp.
The above was intended to sell Coffee Crisp chocolate bars. I guess I'm aging myself, too. LOL!

I don't know about that, @Martin. Cold coffee is the bees knees in the summer, if you ask moi...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

My patience may not run out, but who enjoys cold coffee? Not me!

Cheers.

@Martin I hope your patience never runs out! Smiley Very Happy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I'm glad that all winners are elated from having won.

As for me, I'm still waiting for my Double Double from Timmies. 😞

dennchipp
I won a FitBit, and as much as I didn't know what a Fitbit was before today, winning put me in such a good mood. Very very appreciative. Thanks Public Mobile.

srlawren

FedEx just called to check my suite number.  Unfortunately, I'm at the office.  I asked them to leave a pickup notice, so I'll have to find a way to get it sometime soon.

srlawren

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I received the gopro hero4 today.  Another great prize. Thanks again public Mobile! 

jen-jen
I recieved my Boston pizza e gift card. Whoo hoo!! Thank you again!

imm1304

Hey @Hanepoo,

Check this out:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Winners-Gallery-14-Days-of-Giveaways/m-p...

links to the winning videos are included as well.

Hanepoo
It would be nice if they had a page somewhere (maybe off the main contest page?) where they posted they winners for each day of giveaways. Just first names or something. Would help with keeping entrants in the know about when to expect to have received a message if they won.

Eagerly waiting on day 5 entrants to get picked! I want to see the winning videos.
Need Help? Let's chat.