cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the newest version of Samsung note or Samsung galaxy work on public mobile?

pam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ive been a public mobile customer for a few years and recently broke my phone. was interested in buying a new samsung note or galaxy to replace it. Are they compatible with public mobile?

14 REPLIES 14

pam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!!!!

Oh, that's a shame. Hoping PM goes across Canada to gather some imput from the loyal mass clients. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^I am from Vancouver, I would Love to come as I haven't been to Toronto ever but I can't unless of course Public Mobile pays for me to come out there

That is true. Also, on another topic, I read about the angry client who was not exactly polite, which I find to be so uncalled for. Also, I am planning on attending that PM invite thing. Can't wait for it. Super excited. Wished you, Chuk and the others could attend, exchanging ideas and learning how the industry goes helps us contribute and keep carriers going.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Makkahn28,

I understand your writing style, but the poster probably does not.

All the previous responders said "yes" to her question, but you said "Who knows".

Is lack of consistency fair to the poster?

Who knows, Handsets maybe more readily available if more carriers adopted BYOD attitude. Maybe this should be the new norm

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

Considering how many billions of dollars are spent online, I suspect that Costco will eventually lower its prices.

@Martin,

You're right. You can purchase some models online at http://www.costco.ca/unlocked-cellular-phones.html

No membership required to purchase online but they add a surchage for that.

I can confirm that these models are not available in warehouses.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

I just checked Costco online. It was selling unlocked phones with no contract.

@Martin,

You need a Costco membership to purchase at their warehouses.

I go often to Costco around Montreal. They sell only new phones on contract and I never saw an unlocked phone at their mobile kiosk.

Maybe it's different in Ontario ?

Martin
Legend
Legend
pam,

To add to what Cyber posted, there is also. Costco, Telus online, London Drugs, and Amazon.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello pam,

If you purchase a phone intended for Telus or Koodo, it does not require unlocking as PM/Koodo/Telus use the same network and frequencies.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@pam,

Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

You can purchase a locked phone to Telus or Koodo and your phone will work on Public Mobile without having to pay to unlock it.

You can also purchase an unlocked phone from Staples, Bestbuy, Walmart or any cellular shops.

BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it works on the Telus network, and is unlocked it will work.  So yes ! 

Need Help? Let's chat.