cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PM match Fido's $50/5gb plan?

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Fido currently has a $50/5gb plan going on right now. The downside is that it's for existing customers only. All you need to do is mention freedom mobiles $35 5gb plan.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-5gb-unlimited-cdn-talk-text-50-month-2080208/

Since Public mobile started the $40/4gb plan, I was wondering if they would match Fido's plan possibly.
22 REPLIES 22

KK

No,     public mobile is a prepaid phone provider and will not "plan match".You need to use one of the existing offered plans.  

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On a per-GB cost basis, the cost is similar but Fido also provides the Canada wide calling which is a plus to the plan.  Upside to PM is that it is a 90 day plan and you can use the data however you like within that 90 day period whereas Fido is a month to month so you lose any "unused" data after 30 days.

Upside for PM is the refer a friend credit as well as the automatic billing credit.  However, they do have Fido dollars that goes towards a new device.

As for matching, it is highly unlikely.  Koodo would be a mroe likely provider to match Fido given its infrastructure and history of plan offerings (customer service, etc.).

I find that Public Mobile would have to increase its infrastructure and personnel to match a plan like that.  They will likely experience in the same type of overload when they introduced the $40/4GB.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm more than happy with 12GB/90-day but hopefully PM will include Canada wide calling in next promo.

Shutdown

PM max data is 12gb/90 month so even if they did a promo cause of Fido. It'd probably be canada wide calling/global text/12gb, instead of province calling.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CalvinW wrote:
So the fido 5Gb plan is more than enticing. I signed up for a 90 day cycle , or back to Fido I would go. 

Except you're not currently a Fido subscriber with 6 months' time with the company, so you wouldn't qualify for the Fido 5GB plan any way.

CalvinW
But PM doesn't currently have any promos active. So the fido 5Gb plan is more than enticing. I signed up for a 90 day cycle , or back to Fido I would go. Signal is worse than PM, but at least I will have enough data to use. I doubt I will need data roll over if I have 5GB to use .

@ute1978  said it perfectly the flexibility with these plans ia a HUGE bonus that we have.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978

I doubt it PM will match Fido’s plan.

PM's plan is not a $40/4GB plan it was actually a $120/12GB plan. Which means you have some kind of an indirect "roll-over data". You can use your 12GB whenever you please within those 90 days. For example you can use 1 GB in first month and 6 GB in second and 5 GB in third month.

With Fido if you don't use your full 5 GB in the month they will not be carried over and you will kick yourself for "wasting" Gigabytes.

What gets me ticked off is the Freedom plan is listed as a 10-month only deal, and goes back to regular price after that period is over.

Public Mobile doesn't, and hasn't ever (to my knowledge) had any restriction on term lengths for a certain price, other than making plans grandfathered once they are no longer available to new customers.

Whether FIDO is applying the same 10-month limit it's hard to tell from the RFD posting, and I'm sure it wouldn't be advertised on their website if you need to quote the Freedom plan to get it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

dont forget the  nice thing about PM 90 plans is that the data is over the whole 90 day term. so if you dont use all your "2gb" in the first or second month you can use the remainder for the other months.  

I guess this can also be an issue if you end upp accedently using all your 6gb on the frst day  of your cycle.  

collin1215
@CaNuCk07

My freedom mobile plans has its ups and downs. Paying $35 for 2gb full speed. Usually I go over the limit so my speed is half. Basically I'm in it for the data. Downside is reception and call quality and whatnot.

CalvinW

@collin1215 Oh, I must have talked to an uptight representative then since he said no to everything.

I do have to admit, it is pretty enticing since I did miss out on the $40/4GB PM plan. 

I only have 2GB data with PM right now and it is really lacking for my needs. 

collin1215
@CalvinW I read on redflagdeals that you need to be with them for at least 6months. You should be able to switch but since pm has better service for you, you're gucci

@collin1215  is your freedom plan better than the $40/ 2gb from PM?  cause this still decent really $38/ 2gb.

CalvinW
Okay, thanks for the clarification! I was with Fido for 2 years. I guess the requirement must be at least 3 years or more.

collin1215
Fido's 5gb plan is a monthly plan with unlimited calling and texting.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-5gb-unlimited-cdn-talk-text-50-month-2080208/

collin1215
@CalvinW I'm sure about the plan. You need to be with fido for longer. I forgot how long it was but I think you can asked them about switching you to the 5gb plan when your stay with them reaches the requirement.

Perhaps you could clear up my confusion. Is it data only plans you are considering, and 90 day PM plans vs monthly Fido?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW

Are you sure about this?

I was with Fido 2 weeks ago and I was trying to get a new plan since I was paying $55 contract plan for 750 MB. I talked to them about the Freedom Mobile plans and how PM still offers $40 for 2GB and they still wouldn't budge. They kept trying to offer me 2GB for $60... 

I highly doubt they will do $50 for 5 GB. 

collin1215
Only issue right now for me is that I didn't jump the boat when the $40/4gb plan was live. I still using Freedom Mobile right now..LOL

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

not to mention that it's for existing customers only, so wouldn't exactly create a wave of new accounts for fido, more liley just maintaining existing numbers.  So really wouldn't be a huge threat to PM as far as losing customers.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@collin1215  I highly doubt PM will be matching any plans.  Unlike the big guys, there is much less wiggle room as a budget provider.

Unless they have another super promo down the pipe i would doubt it.

But, the $40/ 4gb, is actually a better deal when you take into account just by adding auto pay its acutally $38/ 4gb, then add the other rewards and loyatly discounts, it looks much better to be.

Need Help? Let's chat.