cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Limited minutes Plan use LD Minutes in addition to Regular Minutes

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With Every other Provider that has limited minutes, when you make a International Long Distance Call you use your Regular Minutes Plus you pay Long Distance. Now my question is with Public Mobile's $10 & $15 Plan with either the 200 minutes or 400 minutes add on, Will it use my Regular Limited Minutes plus use the minutes from 200 or 400 for say a US call? or will it just use the minutes from the add on for the Long Distance Call? 

5 REPLIES 5

To put if more clearly, the base minutes that come with the $10 & $15 plan are only for Canada-wide calls. Those minutes will ALWAYS get used up first for calls made within Canada. 

If you want to make calls to the US, or internationally, you need to have the correct add-on, otherwise you cannot make those calls to those destinations. And if you have the right add-on, the add-on minutes will be used for those calls to the US or internationally, respectively, not the base minutes.

That said, if you run out of the base 50 or 100 minutes, then to make ANY additional calls, either within or beyond Canada you will need at least one (and appropriate) long distance add-on.

HTH

@surreyboz wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

With Every other Provider that has limited minutes, when you make a International Long Distance Call you use your Regular Minutes Plus you pay Long Distance. Now my question is with Public Mobile's $10 & $15 Plan with either the 200 minutes or 400 minutes add on, Will it use my Regular Limited Minutes plus use the minutes from 200 or 400 for say a US call? or will it just use the minutes from the add on for the Long Distance Call? 

@surreyboz  It will only use the minutes from your add-on.

Will it use the add on minutes even if I have Regular Limited Minutes Remaining?

@surreyboz  Yes add-ons will only use add-on minutes never regular minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

Until you've used the 50 or 100 and then it would consume the add-on minutes. But while you have those minutes...and you call elsewhere other than Canada...it will only use the add-on minutes.

Edit: that was messy. how about...they don't double dip.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

Will it use the add on minutes even if I have Regular Limited Minutes Remaining?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@surreyboz wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.