cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the account history is mess

flyeyes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not bought data service and I just try  to buy a data add-ons, but I found data usage in my account history, why? everyday I use wifi, so wifi data is recorded as data service? if I buy 200M plan, how does it caculate the data? including my wifi data? 

13 REPLIES 13

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you think that purchased data also contains Wi-Fi and SMS data, the best thing to do is report it to PM by posting in We're Listening. It's a very long thread in the Discussions board, I believe.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you purchase data or anything else, you can then check under Payment History for the payment's particulars, including ID number. As far as usage, you can check under Add-on Usage for a daily report of what was purchased, what was used, and what is remaining.

Cheers.

flyeyes

Anyway, I am very confused about your system. I was going to buy data add-on, but now I am hesitating.

If it  is wifi or SM data, it should not show under the data item. or else it is mixed with the actual data usage. Don't you think so?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you do not have data in your plan now, there is no possibility of being charged for it. Please remember that PM is entirely prepaid. There are no after-the-fact charges.

With respect to what you posted, web usage could come from apps updating themselves in the background, plus any MMS sent or received.

As to a purchased data add-on, web usage would come from surfing the web, apps updating in the background instead of Wi-Fi being used, but not data for MMS which is free.

If you want to know your data usage, its available after 8 am EDT for the previous day up until 11:59:59 pm.

I hope that the above has addressed your concerns.

Cheers.

flyeyes

from my  account, -->Usage History, I can see the usage list like,

Date/Time            Call type ......       Data Usage  Usage type  Charge

26/04/2015 9:40   Web                     0.354MB       MB               $0.00

I can not upload a capture screen. 

I am confused where the data usage  comes from because I have no data function. If I buy data add-on later,  how does the system caculate my data usage.

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
@flyeyes this sounds interesting...

If you're using WiFi, then data usage will not be registered against your allotment of data. In this case, as you suggest, you do not have data on your account, so why is it showing data?

I just looked at my account and it says "minutes", "data" or "SMS" as the usage type. Are you seeing "data" and an amount beside it? Is it possible this is from MMS, which is technically data but part of the texting option?

If not, let me know because I would love to dig deeper into this for you.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I am not sure as I don't lot in to the site for my wife's phone as she doesn't have any data add on but what I was referring to is making sure you are indeed using data via your handset and then you can compare.

flyeyes

From my account "Usage History",

you can see almost everyday, there is a line which "call type" is "web", and "data usage" is xxxMB. 

is it not data usage?

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Well you might have apps updating info in the back ground that you are not aware while on data. I would try an experiment and when you go away from wifi turn the data off by turning off mobile data in your settings and then monitoring the data usage. Or also you can d/l an app to monitor for you and then you can compare.

That shouldn't be possible. Where you looking? Self serve, or on your Phone Data checklist feature?

flyeyes

But I can see data usage from my useage history now even I have not bought it. It should be 0 bytes. How can I trust the caculation system in the future? 

Also, If you had Data in your plan, or a Data Add-on, because Public Mobile is a Prepaid carrier, there are no overtages whatsoever. If you bought a 1Gig Data Add-on, once you reach the Cap, Data shuts off untill you purchase more

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @flyeyes

WiFi is not data usage. WiFi is built into the phone as way to access the internet regardless of cellular connection, basically you could take the SIM card out of a device and still go on the internet with it using WiFi. 

If you buy the Add-on it will only calculate the data you use from said Add-on in MB (megabytes), if you ever went to a higher amount of data 1GB for example it would be calculated as 1024 MB (1GB=1024MB)

Need Help? Let's chat.