cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should I pay twice? Simcard and activation?

kiaeeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I bought a plan through the internet and the Simcard was sent to me today. When I wanted to activate my Simcard again I was charged for the same plan. What should I do?

Many thanks

Best,

13 REPLIES 13

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@kiaeeh

That is normal policy for most mobile company.  Need to pay for SIM card and the plan separately .

Yes, this is standard practice for pre-paid. This misunderstanding might have originated if they were previously with one of the big 3 who often give the SIM for free when you register for a contact.

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

I have referral when I registered the phone plan,I am just wait 72 hrs get my credit.

You can get a $10 credit for using a referral and activating in retail location.  If you were to activate at home online you and your referer would have gotten a $25 referral reward

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I did online referral form,I wrote my friend ‘s number on the referral,so I think we are both get$25,is correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

I have referral when I registered the phone plan,I am just wait 72 hrs get my credit.

Oh man. That's unfortunate. If you had activated yourself online then both of you would have got $25. The other will still get the $1/30 days but now you'll only get $10 as the standard referral reward.

Jackhyf63

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Today I went to Walmart,I opened the account too,they only changed $10 for the SIM card ,$10 for the plan still on the publicmobile online account,they will deduct on your next billing statement .i don’t think they will charge activate fee.

Were you aware of the promo for $25 if you use a referral and activate yourself? I would understand if you didn't have a referral.

Jackhyf63

Today I went to Walmart,I opened the account too,they only changed $10 for the SIM card ,$10 for the plan still on the publicmobile online account,they will deduct on your next billing statement .i don’t think they will charge activate fee.

HeatherHowe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you sure that you weren’t charged only for the SIM card?  When you activate your card on the Public Mobile site, that is when you choose your plan (or at least I did).  There is always a separate charge for SIM card and plan, unless you have happened upon a special promotion of some kind.  Hope this helps a bit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kiaeeh wrote:

I bought a plan through the internet and the Simcard was sent to me today. When I wanted to activate my Simcard again I was charged for the same plan. What should I do?

Yeah it all makes sense to the writer but not people here.

"bought a plan through the internet"...where, how?? You can buy vouchers of "money" through the internet but not really a plan. Then you use the voucher to buy the plan here.

"activate my Simcard again"...again??.  Is there maybe a pause or new sentence or comma between Simcard and again?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kiaeeh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Best,

I am not sure how you were able to buy a plan befoe you have a sim, as I believe you have to have an activated sim before you can purhcase a plan.  Are you able to post a screen shot of your payment page with all personal information removed so we can see what went on?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kiaeeh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Best,

There is no activation fee. You buy the SIM and you pay for the service. It would be nice if the SIM was free, but then you would likely have people taking 20 of them just because they can. I'm about 92% certain that you can't pay for the service before your SIM is active as the service needs the SIM to link it to. If you mean you bought a voucher along with the SIM, you just need to apply it to your account. You are not paying for it twice. If you did somehow manage to pay for service without having a SIM on your account, go to the account you paid it on and add your SIM to that account so you can access your service with that SIM. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kiaeeh wrote:

Hi everyone,

Many thanks

Best,

How did you purchased a plan through the internet?

Do you mean that you purchased a PM SIM card online and received you new SIM card today?

When you tried to activate a PM plan, you are ask to pay for the plan.  Am I correct?

If yes, to activate a plan on PM, you need to buy a SIM card and you need to pay for the first 30 days service for your PM plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kiaeeh

That is normal policy for most mobile company.  Need to pay for SIM card and the plan separately .

Did you sign up with friend referral?  Special promo starting today for $25 credit within 72 hours.  That would pay for your SIM card and plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.