cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the account invalid

VE3BBB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend's two public mobile phone numbers have been used for 3 years. In the past two days, their accounts have suddenly expired and they can't enter. They can't get out of their phones or they can't get in. Dialing the phone number of other phones automatically enters the voice message. Pubilc mobile has no manual customer service.
What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@VE3BBB did your friends receive any texts before their service stopped? 

@VE3BBB wrote:

My friend's two public mobile phone numbers have been used for 3 years. In the past two days, their accounts have suddenly expired and they can't enter. They can't get out of their phones or they can't get in. Dialing the phone number of other phones automatically enters the voice message. Pubilc mobile has no manual customer service.
What should I do?

I'm wondering if the numbers may have been ported out to another carrier. It's possible that there was an autopay failure, but that doesn't explain why the self serve accounts aren't accessible.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@VE3BBB wrote:

What should I do?

@VE3BBB  What happens when they dial *611? Does Is there a response from Public Mobile? If not, then those account might have been SIM jacked. Google it and have them take the measures recommended to protect their identity and their accounts. 

@Triguy 👍 I like that. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can they log into their self serve account to check their status ?  Were their renewal dates due for payment and did they have autopay setup ?

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd suggest contacting a moderator though this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Or chatting with SIMon and contact an agent there.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.