cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is telus showing?

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hello, i am with public mobile and on my phone it used to say public mobile, but now it shows telus, im not sure what to do.

7 REPLIES 7

Hypothetically, even if the phone was still showing "Telus" in the network banner/notification area, this doesn't have anything to do wtih the Public Mobiile service.  \

The identification/network name shown there is based on what is programmed in the software of the phone.  While it is true that the sim card does have a pre-programmed name that overrides the names of the networks names that  are in the device's software, it is still up to the device manufactuer's software to set itself to use that information from the sim.

As such, this isn't something that moderators would be able to do anything about.  Personally, I prefer the real network names such as Bell, Rogers, Telus inteaad of stuff like Public Mobile, Away, or EXT.  This preference is also likely why many custom ROMs will show "Telus" instead of Public Mobile even with a Public sim card insterted in the phone.

@_parth23 wrote:

yes, everything works fine

As long as your services are working I personally would just leave it alone. It's probably a phone update who displays information on the SIM differently (you are connected to the Telus network after all.)

Ouf!!! Great!!! @_parth23 

_parth23

Turns out everything is fine, reset my phone and now it works fine, public mobile came back.

Ok very strange then...just to be sure you can write a message to the moderator...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

waiting time is few hours to 2 days....and I don't know what to think about that...but hopefully your phone is ok....Smiley Happy

_parth23

yes, everything works fine

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @_parth23 

Can you call and text?

Need Help? Let's chat.