cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Why are my solutions being reassigned? Thanks

@mpcdesign wrote:

@gblackma, it seems it's now possible that a poster can now change the 'accept as the solution' and assign the new solution to somebody else. Some people were assigning it the first one or maybe one that was partially correct, but not 100%. 

I had accidentally marked one of my own posts as a solution. I asked an Oracle if they can change it, and they have the ability to change it for me and marked the correct solution. We can too as well, which I didn't know until last week! 

This has always been the case. The OP of a thread has always had the ability to remove a solution.

Highlighted

@gblackma wrote:

Anyone can change their own acceptance unless closed by @Luddite . At least when it was done for me, I couldn't reverse it.

Oracles and Retired Oracles cannot close threads, nor can be we prevent someone from changing a solution.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

we're still missing #13 beast mode

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I will say this. If someone switches my solution. Then it should show up in my Notification feed. And also reappear in the new solutions feed. I dont see the 5 that disappeared between 12 pm and 4 pm today. 

Screenshot_20200520-200834.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200858.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200920.jpg

So the explanation that someone switched their answer makes absolutely no sense. And I will leave it here. I figured out how it can be done they are being grouped together with others. So the solutions will disappear.

@Tiana_V . You have too many people with the ability to meddle with the integrity of the board. Only the 5 current Oracles should be able to do it. And each of them should be colour coded so we know who does what. Good evening. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma Some, maybe all, moderators can adjust solutions. In the last few months they have been making changes then locking the thread. I have been impacted. 

If you find this activity seriously disturbing please care for yourself and move to another forum. It may seem members control this forum but they do not. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

I will say this. If someone switches a solution. Then it should show up in the Notification feed. And also reappear in the new solutions feed. I dont see the 5 that disappeared between 12 pm and 4 pm today. 

Screenshot_20200520-200834.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200858.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200920.jpg

So the explanation that someone switched their answer makes absolutely no sense. And I will leave it here. @Tiana_V . You have too many people with the ability to meddle with the integrity of the board. Only the 5 current Oracles should be able to do it. And each of them should be colour coded so we know who does what. Good evening. Stay safe. 

Get over it.  It will only take you maybe another day to get back what you lost.  Calling out oracles for damaging the integrity of the board without proof is not cool.  In other forums that I frequent, you would be sanctioned for pointing fingers at other members.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've read previously that some old/no longer relevant topics are occasionally removed entirely from the forums. Aka housecleaning. This can also remove any bravo/accepted solution counts associated with them.

Highlighted

@Nezgar wrote:

I've read previously that some old/no longer relevant topics are occasionally removed entirely from the forums. Aka housecleaning. This can also remove any bravo/accepted solution counts associated with them.

Some members, especially those who have no been that active recently, have lost hundreds or maybe even a thousand bravos.  Perosnally, I don't agree with this. I think that if someone has earned those, they should retain them even if Public Mobile decides to delete outdated messages. In the end, this is Public Mobile's decision.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Nezgar wrote:

My guess is that this will keep happening every year or so. Me and other long time members were effected by this big time. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nezgar wrote:

@Tiana_V  mentioned back in either I believe, January or early February that they were archiving  3 to 4 year old threads. This was in response to a question that I asked about such old threads reappearing in the new solutions thread. 

I have to say Kudos to Public Mobile. It's impressive that the company is now archiving threads posted after December 25th 2019 ( less than 5 months old).