cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my solutions being reassigned? Thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

For the last 3 months solutions given to me are disappearing. I assume they are being reassigned. Is this happening to anyone else. A couple here and there. But the last 2 days and today was pretty messed up. I left around 12 noon with 338 and came back to 334. And I got a new one too. So , in 4 hours I lost 5 of them. Can't be archiving I only registered here on December 25th, 2019. @Tiana_V  can you explain why this is happening? Thanks. 

32 REPLIES 32

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

I will say this. If someone switches a solution. Then it should show up in the Notification feed. And also reappear in the new solutions feed. I dont see the 5 that disappeared between 12 pm and 4 pm today. 

[snip]

So the explanation that someone switched their answer makes absolutely no sense. And I will leave it here. @Tiana_V . You have too many people with the ability to meddle with the integrity of the board. Only the 5 current Oracles should be able to do it. And each of them should be colour coded so we know who does what. Good evening. Stay safe. 

Get over it.  It will only take you maybe another day to get back what you lost.  Calling out oracles for damaging the integrity of the board without proof is not cool.

But accusing another member, via insinuation, of "gaming", also without proof, is ok!? Seems like a double standard to me.

In other forums that I frequent, you would be sanctioned for pointing fingers at other members.  

That must be why you like it here - because you can point fingers all you want, and up to this point, haven't been sanctioned.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wow.  Hey it's sunny outside, how 'bout some fresh air, everyone.  Try it, you might like it!  It helps give you perspective on the important things in life.  Watching your solution numbers before and after trips to the grocery store should probably not be in that list.  Just sayin'.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma   I think some of the changes PM is undertaking might be unintentionally affecting the solutions, bravos and probably other stuff.  

I noticed something similar for both the bravo and solution count for me, although in my case it's one less solution than yesterday and for some reason the bravo count has also gone down first from yesterday's total, then after I signed in from this morning's total.

Anyway, I'm not really too bothered because some of these things aren't that important and knowing how many things have and do go a "little awry" around here, to me, it's not really  worth worrying about, but of course it would be better if these kinds of things didn't happen in the first place.  😊

@Nezgar wrote:

I've read previously that some old/no longer relevant topics are occasionally removed entirely from the forums. Aka housecleaning. This can also remove any bravo/accepted solution counts associated with them.

@Tiana_V  mentioned back in either I believe, January or early February that they were archiving  3 to 4 year old threads. This was in response to a question that I asked about such old threads reappearing in the new solutions thread. 

I have to say Kudos to Public Mobile. It's impressive that the company is now archiving threads posted after December 25th 2019 ( less than 5 months old).

@Nezgar wrote:

I've read previously that some old/no longer relevant topics are occasionally removed entirely from the forums. Aka housecleaning. This can also remove any bravo/accepted solution counts associated with them.

My guess is that this will keep happening every year or so. Me and other long time members were effected by this big time. 

@Nezgar wrote:

Some members, especially those who have no been that active recently, have lost hundreds or maybe even a thousand bravos.  Perosnally, I don't agree with this. I think that if someone has earned those, they should retain them even if Public Mobile decides to delete outdated messages. In the end, this is Public Mobile's decision.

@gblackma wrote:

I will say this. If someone switches a solution. Then it should show up in the Notification feed. And also reappear in the new solutions feed. I dont see the 5 that disappeared between 12 pm and 4 pm today. 

Screenshot_20200520-200834.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200858.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200920.jpg

So the explanation that someone switched their answer makes absolutely no sense. And I will leave it here. @Tiana_V . You have too many people with the ability to meddle with the integrity of the board. Only the 5 current Oracles should be able to do it. And each of them should be colour coded so we know who does what. Good evening. Stay safe. 

Get over it.  It will only take you maybe another day to get back what you lost.  Calling out oracles for damaging the integrity of the board without proof is not cool.  In other forums that I frequent, you would be sanctioned for pointing fingers at other members.  

@gblackma Some, maybe all, moderators can adjust solutions. In the last few months they have been making changes then locking the thread. I have been impacted. 

If you find this activity seriously disturbing please care for yourself and move to another forum. It may seem members control this forum but they do not. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I will say this. If someone switches my solution. Then it should show up in my Notification feed. And also reappear in the new solutions feed. I dont see the 5 that disappeared between 12 pm and 4 pm today. 

Screenshot_20200520-200834.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200858.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-200920.jpg

So the explanation that someone switched their answer makes absolutely no sense. And I will leave it here. I figured out how it can be done they are being grouped together with others. So the solutions will disappear.

@Tiana_V . You have too many people with the ability to meddle with the integrity of the board. Only the 5 current Oracles should be able to do it. And each of them should be colour coded so we know who does what. Good evening. Stay safe. 

we're still missing #13 beast mode

@gblackma wrote:

Anyone can change their own acceptance unless closed by @Luddite . At least when it was done for me, I couldn't reverse it.

Oracles and Retired Oracles cannot close threads, nor can be we prevent someone from changing a solution.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@gblackma, it seems it's now possible that a poster can now change the 'accept as the solution' and assign the new solution to somebody else. Some people were assigning it the first one or maybe one that was partially correct, but not 100%. 

I had accidentally marked one of my own posts as a solution. I asked an Oracle if they can change it, and they have the ability to change it for me and marked the correct solution. We can too as well, which I didn't know until last week! 

This has always been the case. The OP of a thread has always had the ability to remove a solution.

@will13am wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I am on another site for investing. No bravos or solutions. BUT if your post is edited you can find who did the edit. That should be here too. It would make both the OP and editor responsible and shown as who made the change. 

If you get a bravo....you get messaged. 

If the bravo is taken away.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

If a solution is assigned.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

If a solution is taken away.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

This community is more about helping others rather than self promotion.  Thus the reason for community forum changes as just announced.  If only what happened really mattered that much...  

So what you are saying, is the Community reward system is useless. And if solutions are mysteriously changed there is no need of accountability? I thought the community reward option was developed by PM to encourage the community to help others. I still think there needs to be some type of governance, ethics, accountability and people skills practiced here by the Mods down to the lowest level ranking. 

What changes? It’s ok, I found them. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Updates-May-2020/td-p/545918

Anyone can change their own acceptance unless closed by @Luddite . At least when it was done for me, I couldn't reverse it. 😂Also, as I pointed out it's not the recent ones that are being reassigned. It's the older ones. I rather doubt that the original poster comes back 3 months later and gives the solution to someone else. Who does that? Especially if the original answer helped them.  

Another plot twist in " As the board turns ". 

You would think that its the recent ones that are being reassigned as you put it by the owners, but it isnt. The ones I posted are all in May. Here's 3 more. This is over a 7 day period from May 14th to today. Screenshot_20200514-155751.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-084030.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-121020.jpg

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I am on another site for investing. No bravos or solutions. BUT if your post is edited you can find who did the edit. That should be here too. It would make both the OP and editor responsible and shown as who made the change. 

If the bravo is taken away.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

If a solution is assigned.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

If a solution is taken away.....do you RECEIVE a message? Or verification of an edit?

This community is more about helping others rather than self promotion.  Thus the reason for community forum changes as just announced.  If only what happened really mattered that much...  

@gblackma Really no idea what is happening but for me personally: In going through old threads I am often in a quandary whether to mark the first solution or the best answer. Often a later post, while, possibly, based on an earlier post, would be significantly more helpful to someone with the same problem. I don't recall changing a OP's selection unless it's an incorrect/egregious self solution.

Longer term it would unwise to expect PM's reward evaluation process to be 100% accurate. Just treat each month's reward like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates".

@mpcdesign we found out the other night from darlicious that you can effectively change your own post. 🙂

@gblackma, it seems it's now possible that a poster can now change the 'accept as the solution' and assign the new solution to somebody else. Some people were assigning it the first one or maybe one that was partially correct, but not 100%. 

I had accidentally marked one of my own posts as a solution. I asked an Oracle if they can change it, and they have the ability to change it for me and marked the correct solution. We can too as well, which I didn't know until last week! 

I know accepted solutions play a big role for some, making the community member a reliable source of information, but the truth be told, don't worry about the numbers, it'll all fall into place! 

@kselmak thats correct. It was removed and I had to mark it again. 

Sure, 5 of them may have changed their minds.  Here's 2 more Screenshot_20200515-143115.jpg

Screenshot_20200516-153400.jpg

@gblackma wrote:

I'm saying wjen I went shopping. I had 338. When I came back it dropped to 334 4 hours later. And that's just today. Somewhere in the past I lost 5 of them. 

Screenshot_20200519-181842.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-162322.jpg

Stuff happens when you turn your back.  Moving post is not my thing.  Lucky my hands are clean.  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Quite awhile back I had read that some Oracles assess solutions to threads with no solution ever assigned. And also reassess some.  

But on other hand you can give a bravo and take it away. Can you take away a solution that you personally gave? 

I wonder:

Why doesn’t a thread close/lock when it is given a solution?

When the thread keeps taking responses and a newer response comes along....who can reassign the solution to the better response?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Black magic? You've been cursed by a witch?

More likely OP changed their mind. 🤔

I'm saying wjen I went shopping. I had 338. When I came back it dropped to 334 4 hours later. And that's just today. Somewhere in the past I lost 5 of them. 

Screenshot_20200519-181842.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-162322.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma 

It could be when threads have been merged and then there is only one solution given.

@Naepalm 

Are you saying that the mark was removed and you had to mark it again?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Members can change their minds later.  I was anxious to get my first few, but not so much any more.  

Need Help? Let's chat.