Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Why Public Mobile?

@Ed404 wrote:
  • How did you discover Public Mobile?
  • Why did you choose Public Mobile?
  • If you had a previous provider what were your reasons for switching to Public Mobile?

• Heard about Public Mobile from a former co-worker who was promoting PM for referral rewards (Nov 2016), but also to get the word out there.
  • I switched to PM for the huge financial savings for almost identical/similar services I was paying more for, without switching physical networks or devices (back then, carrier-locked).  I had no interest in subsidized devices, tabs, etc., and loved the BYOP model.
  • I was on Telus Mobility from 1996-2015, and switched to Koodo (for lower prices) on June 3, 2015 when I got out of my 3-year contract (was about 2.5 years in), since the CRTC put an end to contracts >2 years. In late 2016 to early 2017, I learned about PM and it made sense to switch, since it would be seamless (simply SIM swap). I'd be paying less, while staying on a super-reliable network (in AB). I did leave PM for a 3-month stint on Freedom in Dec 2017-Feb 2018 because of a lifetime 35% F&F discount which made things even cheaper. I hated it (phone was always showing "No Service" or "Away"), so I came running back to PM, and realized I had a good thing.  Here to stay, because everything is a perfect "fit".
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the loyalty program and will see this trial period how it goes. I am new here and looking forward too transferring phone number from carrier and learning how too do it whole earning rewards 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I appreciate the detailed replies!

You usually don't hear good things about your providers online. Public Mobile must be an exceptional service if you're here describing your experiences!

This just reinforces my decision to switch to Public Mobile this month.

Thanks,

Ed

Highlighted

@Ed404 wrote:

I appreciate the detailed replies!

You usually don't hear good things about your providers online. Public Mobile must be an exceptional service if you're here describing your experiences!

This just reinforces my decision to switch to Public Mobile this month.

Thanks,

Ed

You were going to get a postive response because of title. Also, if members are customers, you're likely to hear the good because they would have left if unhappy.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found it online when searching for cheap phone plans and I saw the prices I like cheap so this was the best option 

Highlighted

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

You were going to get a postive response because of title. Also, if members are customers, you're likely to hear the good because they would have left if unhappy.

Have you seen the Bell and Rogers forums, there are many unhappy customers still there complaining lol.

Highlighted

@Ed404 wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Have you seen the Bell and Rogers forums, there are many unhappy customers still there complaining lol.

And that's the difference. You can leave PM whenever you want. Often with Bell/Rogers you are locked in to staying.

Highlighted

@smp99 wrote:

And that's the difference. You can leave PM whenever you want. Often with Bell/Rogers you are locked in to staying.

I keep forgetting that this isn't contracted, sorry.

Highlighted

@Ed404 wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Good point. Not all people praise or complain. I mean that you'll find more praise here about Public Mobile than the Rogers forum.  I also mean that if the title was Why Not Public Mobile, there might be more negative things said.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

• How did you discover Public Mobile?

Coming off a company paid plan ( they did not want the phone back ) and went unlocked and got rejected by Virgin Mobile at RCSS so had to look at other ( and better options). I had pulled all the info for sellers and virtual providers and at the time , not many did BYOD. Not sure how my credit was rejected by Virgin/Bell but glad their system did..and yup I checked and Equifax showed they checked and Equifax consumer credit score was near the max...but businesses use a different system of credit checks. Wind ( now Freedom ) and Chatr not an option at the time due to its then complicated system or not compatible with the phone I was using ( and still have) and I never want a contract ...again , ever. Had a few Rogers experiences that tainted chatr and any of their brands.

• Why did you choose Public Mobile?

BYOD , no contract , cheap , reliable , sufficient for my personal needs but would not be for business needs and intermational travel. I am technical enough to do most of my own stuff so a good fit for me and would and do recommend for other tech savy folls I know.I have no need for the latest phone and will never take a contract to pay for a phone and a lot of stuff I do not need and be stuck for 2 years.

• If you had a previous provider what were your reasons for switching to Public Mobile?

Limited options with Bell and its brands and I live in BC so PM/Telus coverage here is amazing. I have never had any coverage issues anywhere in Canada I have gone ( YYC , YYZ , etc). I get great coverage in smaller communities where Freedom simpy has almost no coverage. I had no need for a full service Telus plan or a Koodoo plan , this fit all my needs.

Been a happy camper for years!